Need help understanding your bill?
SSharber10's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 8th, 2016 1:49 AM

Buy one get one free promotion

I just started my plan with AT&T July first, I got the one phone free and was wondering when that takes in to affect. I am currently showing on my bill that I'm paying for the phone that is suppose to be free

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

You bought it on the 24 Next plan, right? You will start receiving a monthly credit in about 3 billing cycles.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

It takes up to 3 bill cycles before your credit for the free phone starts showing up.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

You will pay every month and once it kicks in it will credit your account for amount of the price of the phone that was listed in the offer (i.e. the BOGO iPhone deal was for a 16GB 6s, if you upgraded the phone you still only got the credit for the 16GB 6s model payment).  

Once the credit kicks in, I believe the credit the few months that were missed at the same time.

@SSharber10 PLEASE take this time (while you are still in the return period) and search the forums and make sure that you did not make any mistakes in the process that others have made, the problem is most people don't realize the problem until they're 90 days in and it's too late to fix anything.

Probably the most common mistake is not realizing that one of the phones needs to be purhchased for a new line or that it needs to be the Next 24 plan (as mentioned above). But I'm sure there are others and I'm sure it varies by offer.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@SSharber10 I just remembered what one of the other problems was!

It seems that at least one of the offers expired on June 30th

You said you started on July 1st!

Please check and make sure this isn't the case for the offer that you signed up on!

Please notice the screen snapshot in the first comment that shows that an iPhone BOGO offer ended on 6/30/2016.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Account-Features/iPhone-Bogo/m-p/4856553#M24053

But a quick look around the site and I wasn't bombarded with any other offers (doesn't mean there aren't any, just means that I didn't see them).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.