Need help understanding your bill?
bosphorus's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, February 10th, 2018 4:01 PM

breakdown of 2017 bills

For tax purposes, I need to have total spent on cell phones, landline, and internet separately for all of 2017.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@bosphorus wrote:

Clearly, YOU don't understand and are making a serious of erroneous assumptions. Several houses, several landlines, several cell phones, internet service. Sure we can DO this - we're not stupid, but we are asking for this to be simplified in the future.

It's not that difficult now, so I don't think it will be made any "simpler."

Like I said, it sounds like paying with your AMEX is going to be the simplest route. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Never mind.  You are not getting the point.  YES, I can pay it with AMEX.  YES, I can add it up manually by opening 12 separate bills.  The point isn't if there is another work around.  The point is this is a SIMPLE request that AT&T should provide.  And for tax purposes, it's not sufficient that I just 'add up the bills' for the year, you need documentation.  AMEX is certainly an option but I do not care to add an automatic monthly bill to AMEX as it is subject to fees if I don't pay it off every month.  Not something I care to track and make sure I don't miss.  (BTW, thank you Bosphorus... sounds like you understand the issue in play).

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@bosphorus

@ConnMan11

I’m assuming there is a business involved.  

I only have wireless.  One phone and a tablet are dedicated for the business.    I can claim my line fees on those 2 devices and 2/6 of the data plan on my taxes.  Each year I add it up and give my tax lady the total.   Granted, I only have one service, but it’s simple and doesn’t take me any time at all.  I went in the first year over thinking what was required. 

If you need separate totals for each service, then separate your bills for next tax year.  As @MicCheck pointed out, your credit card breaks out by merchant and ATT is only one merchant.  You will have to do the math because it isn’t something ATT (or any other carrier) does for you.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@ConnMan11 You may think it is a simple request and an easy change but I guarantee you it is not. Even if it was one line of code to change, it would take a minimum of 6 months to implement. Software changes of any kind go through a very long release process and in terms of how many customers would actually use or benefit from this, I suspect it would be very few. If I were the software manager, I would rate this change request very low, but that is just me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Funny thread to read... Was looking for the same reporting.  My electric company, National Grid, offers a summary looking back 2 years via an Excel exportable file.  One click, easy to manipulate and to save for tax purposes.  I guess I too will be opening each month manually and saving a file of 12 docs for my taxes...  it is the 21st century, isn't it???

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@macgirl001 Actually, someone else found an easy alternative but posted it on a different thread. Just go to billing and select past payments, it will pull up a list of all the past payments made and when.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I agree. AT&T should do this. I just got my ComEd charges for all of 2017,listed by month, in about 3 minutes,from the ComEd site.

A one-page summary of charges for a date range would be very helpful.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.