Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

Fri, Jan 18, 2019 6:03 PM

BOGO messed up

On Oct 20, 2018 my husband went into the store wanted to just upgrade my iphone 6 to iphone x for my BD. The saleperson offered BOGO, so he took the deal (He didn't really want iphone cuz he's been using Samsung for long time, but it's a free stuff so whynot) We waited for his phone to be delivered since they don't have one at that time. After 4 days of waiting I called to check on that, found out that she(the saleperson) never put the order through. So we had to wait for 3 more days. After been waiting 3 months to see the BOGO credits to my acct. NOPE! never happened, I called in many many times to ask about it. The promises I got that it will be resolved by Jan 15, 2019 NOPE! never happened. Of course I called again the next day, they told me that I HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE STORE TO FIX THIS! that's insane! I went to the store, guess what? that girl doesn't work there anymore, so nothing they can do about it. It seems like she didn't add the promo in for us, but THAT'S NOT MY FAULT! AT&T needs to fix this since it's not our fault. It's already inconvenient enough that i have to either call in or chat with AT&T everyday try to think of the way to fix the issue. 

Responses

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

a year ago

to add it to my story...everytime I called i spent at least 30 mins for nothing. No one can figure out anything, one time one person gave me the 855 number to call, ended up that's the AT&T switcher offer department (which was NOT who I needed to talk to) Another time transfered me to rebate department (Again, was NOT the right department) I believe I had talk to about 15 people for this unsolved issue. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

a year ago

It’s not a matter of adding the promotion or not. If you meet the requirements, you get the credits. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unless you added a new line, you don’t qualify for the BOGO. In fact, in October the BOGO might have also required having tv service. Unfortunately, no one wants to be the one to tell you the bad news.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

a year ago

“No one wants to tell me the bad news” so just keep promising me that the issue will be resolved?
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

a year ago

“No one wants to tell me the bad news” so just keep promising me that the issue will be resolved?

Apparently so. We’ve seen many complaints like yours before.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

a year ago

SO you think we just gonna leave the store that day if we didn't get the confirmation from the salesperson that we're qualify for the BOGO?

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

a year ago

I guess Randall Lynn Stephenson just wants to get richer from cheating from many AT&T customers. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

a year ago

SO you think we just gonna leave the store that day if we didn't get the confirmation from the salesperson that we're qualify for the BOGO?

I have no doubt you got that confirmation. Unfortunately, a sales person telling you that does not mean you actually did qualify. That salesperson is no longer working there, right? So maybe they lied. So, do you know what the requirements were for that BOGO? Did you open a new line? If you are sure you qualified, file a complaint with the BBB. The complaint will result in someone from upper management contacting you. They will either fix or give you a straight answer on why you aren’t getting the credits.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

a year ago

ok, I'll go file a complaint first. 

Jenkna

Scholar

• 

97 Messages

a year ago

@sandblaster:   I’ve been on this board for a few days now, trying to get resolution on my own BOGO fiasco.    In that time I have appreciated your responses since they are typically not as inflammatory and enraging as some of the other ACE contributors.  Your answers are usually matter of fact without pointing fingers at the customer.   Thank you for that.   As I’ve been dealing with my own BOGO issue, it has been eye opening to read other similar complaints.    My biggest concern with the responses from AT&T and the ACE contributors, is there is ZERO accountability for misleading and false information provided by sales employees or customer service agents.   The response always goes back to the contract - even if the customer has chat proof in writing that they were misled or outright lied to, there is ZERO accountability for honoring those promises.    

In this case, you acknowledge that the sales person likely lied - but still return to the contract as overriding any verbal

or written (chat) promise:  

“I have no doubt you got that confirmation.  Unfortunately, a sales person telling you that does not mean you actually did qualify.  That sales person is no longer working there, right?  So maybe they lied.”  

Doesn’t that bother you?   There is clearly a pattern of customers being misled, lied to, or given partial answers to “close the deal”.  The reps seems to know that it will be someone else’s problem later if the customer gets screwed and angry.    

Of course, now that I’ve been through this myself, and have been exposed to this board with complaint after complaint, I would certainly read over the fine print 10 times before signing up for anything with AT&T.   The trouble is customers, or potential customers should be able to trust that trained professionals, employed by AT&T are giving them accurate information.

In my situation, I clearly qualified for the BoGO and believe it is a system glitch that is preventing the credit from showing up.   They built my account with multiple “plans” instead of a single multi-line plan - also added an extra random line with a number I’ve never heard of - then my phones wouldn’t activate - etc.  My guess is in the process of fixing those other issues, the BOGO credits got confused. I can understand that.  What I can’t understand, is when I report the problem, why I get the runaround and no one follows through.  I’ve spend an unbelievable

amount of personal time on this - when I should report the problem once and someone at AT&T takes ownership until resolution.    After posting on here, I randomly got a call from “the office of the president” who assured me she would be my last point of contact until it gets resloved - she promised to call me back by yesterday.   Did I receive a call?   NOPE.  So, what do I do?   Does it really fall on my shoulders to call again?  I’m sure I would have to explain my issue from square one if I call.   I am so exaughsted.   I also know I’m not alone in this.   

What I’m asking, @sandblaster , is a little compassion and acknowledgement that AT&T needs to take responsibility for

1. misleading and false information from sales and customer service reps

2. when a customer reports a problem, give them one contact point and don’t close the case until resolution

3. system limitations that make if difficult to fix a documented incorrect problem is not a valid excuse for not fixing the problem.  

Thank you for listening.   

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

a year ago

What I’m asking, @sandblaster , is a little compassion and acknowledgement that AT&T needs to take responsibility for

@Jenkna  Ok, if that’s what you want but I typically don’t bother commenting either way because I don’t see it doing any good. The evidence (and this is not just BOGO offers) is that ATT does not take responsibility for any agent providing incorrect, incomplete or false information, at least not as a general rule. Each case is treated differently and we’ve heard of many such cases where ATT has made it right. But on the other hand, we’ve heard of many where they haven’t. I guess my point is if all a customer had to do was say “oh, they didn’t tell me” or “ they gave me bad info” and ATT automatically gave in, then everyone would just claim they were lied to or were mislead. I hope they take care of your issue.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

a year ago

Terrible AT&T!!! 

I purchased new phones on October 16, 2018 (6months & 9 days ago) with BOGO promotion. Until now I haven't received any credits for that. The VISA gift card has never arrived either. Everytime I call 611, everyone seems so uneducated/untrained about everything. The supervisor can't solve any problems either. They always say they will escalate the case for me. Their escalator takes forever!!! 

Stop ripping people off AT&T!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

Has ANYONE had there bogo problems fixed ? We are going threw the same problems

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

I just spent 5 hours on the phone and on chat with regards to several mis information from three CS on the phone and two CS on chat.  One regarding the 300 gc...which they ended up making right, but only by having me sign up for another ATT service (dd app) that i can cancel after the first 7 days of free service...but I now will probably experience issues with trying to cancel a service that will probably not get canceled.  And this work around after a chat to make it right was confirmed that they would make it right by sending me the 300 gc...which didn't come.  Why they couldn't make good on the promise to make good on the first promise, I don't know.  Then there was the activation fee waiver and discount with our FAN number.  the FAN i faxed in per instruction with pay stub proof, was not the FAN they attached to the account.  The CS response?  I will have to resubmit the FAN via fax....like um, what makes you think they will get it correct the second time? Ended up re enrolling a new FAN that we could do via email online....we will wait to see if that goes through or not.  But even though it was confirmed on chat that I would get these waivers, discounts and gc...not a one of them materialized as promised the first time (and for the gc, not the second time either).  I have been with ATT for one month now and I am sadly sorry I left sprint.  Sprint tried to warn me...I didn't listen.  That being written, sprint was no piece of cake either with their misinformation and promise of "grandfathered " plan that ended up being untrue.  I am convinced that all cell phone carriers are unethical.  The CS promise you everything...in writing...and then nothing materializes and the exects just write it off to "oh well, nothing we can do for our teams bogus info". smh. As soon as this contract is done....i am no longer going with any cell phone accounts.  it will be pre pay only. 

blammmann

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

8 months ago

Mine has not been corrected, just endless false statements

from AT&T

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…