Need help understanding your bill?
G

• 

4 Messages

Monday, January 24th, 2022 11:24 PM

Blacklisted/Blocked phone

I am totally frustrated.  Saturday morning I realized I could not make calls.  I went to the local AT&T store.  They told me my phone had been blacklisted/blocked, that it had been reported stolen.  At the store I had to show my ID card proving who I was.  Was the person who called in my phone stolen not asked questions.  AT&T has to have some kind of protocol you would think.  They didn't call my husband and ask him if my phone had been stolen.  At the store the clerk said she had fixed my problem and a resolution should be done by today.  Well I wasn't even gone 2 hours when my phone stopped working.  I went back into the store and the lady told me she would write a note and for me to go to the store that I bought the phone from.  What if I had bought it in another state?  My phone stopped working 6 times.  The guy at the store I bought my phone at said I needed to call 611.  I asked him how am I suppose to do that when I can't make any calls.  He said I could use the store phone.  The lady that I talked to at AT&T said she fixed it and would call me in 3 hours to make sure my phone was still working.  Guess what?? No call!!  The fraud department doesn't take phone calls because they are too busy.  I have a case number and not one person has asked for it. I wish I could talk to the CEO and let him/her know how messed up they are.  But they don't care!!!!  I want someone to care and tell me how my phone got reported stolen?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

If you are the original owner of the phone and either you or your husband the account owner and he didn’t blacklist it, it must have been by mistake. Perhaps some agent entered an imei number incorrectly. In any event, if calls aren’t getting results you should escalate to corporate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint. Either one will result in someone from corporate contacting you. 

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

This has been blacklisted all weekend and today. My husband is the owner of the account and no he did not report it stolen.  An hour ago he tried calling me and my phone wasn't working.  Who is going to fix this problem?? We aren't behind on our bill.  There is a case number assigned to this and I was told that the phone would continue to work this weekend and it didn't.  I was told the problem would be resolved by today and it wasn't.  I need my phone!!  I have people who has to reach me, and they can't.  So now what do you suggest??

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

I already gave you a suggestion. File an FCC or BBB complaint.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you.  I will be doing what you suggested.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.