For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Luke424's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 27th, 2014 5:14 AM

Billing

I have been a loyal customer for years. I was told today by a customer support supervisor that there is no such thing as a grace period. My service was turned off for being a few days late on my payment (due June 16th). I was also told that I would have to pay a fee to restore service (40 bucks!) and this will show up on my next bill. I think that is absolutely ridiculous. After expressing my displeasure, I received no additional help and was told they are not allowed to remove the fee. Fed up!

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

If you can't make your payment on time, you are required to make a payment arrangement, a promise to pay by a certain date.
If your account is past due, AT&T has the right to suspend your account.

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

There is a grace period, but I suspect you may be confusing your dates. Take a look at your full paper bill (yes you can see it even if you are looking at your bill on the website).  It should have a due date. I suspect that the 16th is actually the end of your grace period, not your due date.

-Alex

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

No other carrier has these strenuous terms including Verizon. I only owe one current month not 2 or three for only $117. I have many other obligations that are far more important than a wireless phone bill to be paid as you conveniently wish. Days after the bill comes due you harass me with phone calls, voice mails, emails and text massages. As if I owe thousands of dollars or haven't paid for many months. While you sound all elegant and technical, The public has the right to know that this is how you treat your loyal customers of many years and I will make sure of that.

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

Usually extra care/attention is paid to customer who are rarely late. There's usually a greater chance that a customer who's always on time, may not be aware if they're late. (usually because they expect their mailed check, automated bank systems ect to work as normal) They're more likely to not be aware of extension options or that they are even late.

Once you've been late a few times, AT&T figures you know the drill, and you get fewer notifications.

Since timely customers are more at risk, this is an effort on AT&T's part to ensure any missing payment doesnt go unnoticed, before they may get interupted.

-Alex

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.