Need help understanding your bill?
V

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 6th, 2020 9:20 PM

Billing due date arbitrarily changed

July 23rd: So, apparently AT&T can arbitrarily change billing cycles in turn altering bill due dates. My due date changed from the 29th of the month, which it has been for many many years, to the 6th of that month, thus making my bill that was due on the 29th now past due.  I have spoken with multiple people in multiple departments only to be told that it appears that I requested the change but even if I didn't, they said, in order to fix it I would need to pay a full month and partial month payment. My bill is now late every month because I cannot afford to pay two bills in one month. 

A couple days later:  I tried calling again and was told it was fixed but it ended up that all they did was move the due date from the 6th to 3rd and nothing was done to get my billing back on track so that I am no longer being shown as late every month and being charged a late fee.

Over the last week I have contacted a higher up and left two voicemails which I have received no response to. It appears my money is all AT&T is concerned with and not customer satisfaction. If I were not still paying for two phones I would be seeking a new carrier. I feel used and taken for granted for this issue to arise and left unresolved after being a “VALUED” customer since the late 1990’s.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

The due date is set at 21 days after the start of the bill cycle. It was standardized to 21 days years ago. The only reason for your due date to change is if your bill cycle dates changed. Did they? 

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have been an AT&T customer since the late 1990’s and this is the first time I have experienced this. In answer to your question, Yes, they changed my billing cycle and stated I had requested it. The thing is, I did not and now have a mess.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.