Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
djoe47's profile

4 Messages

Tuesday, November 21st, 2023 2:51 PM

Best deal for all customers?

I purchased 2 iPhone 14’s on the promotion $10.99 per month each just over a week ago. I received them 7 days ago. 4 days after I received them, a new promotion comes out with the same iPhone for $5.00 per month. Can I get this deal?  In chat and talking to a representative I am told no. There is no way to receive the better promotion. The representative went so far as to basically tell me to (Edited per community guidelines) it up. Yet, the web site and ads all say all customers get their best deals, guaranteed. I say not so much. How do you actually get to talk to someone who can give me their best deal?  Not a good business practice to switch the details of a promotion on the same phone concurrently. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

7 months ago

Price protection is good for 14 days from the original purchase.  

If under 14 days, contact att or the store where you purchased.

FYI, $5 is the base model

4 Messages

7 months ago

I both chatted and spoke with AT&T and neither of those options were willing to allow me to get the new promotion price on the iPhones I just purchased. I realize they are not the latest model but I was upgrading from an iPhone 7 so it is a leap in technology for me. I’m sure they are stalling to get past that 14 days at this point. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

7 months ago

Find a CORPORATE STORE…NOT to an “Authorized Retailer”.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

7 months ago

You'll have to get a return and repurchase processed at a corporate store to get the new price

4 Messages

7 months ago

Thanks for the info. I have had to do business with the local (sort of) corporate store in the past. I do love all the barriers they put up to discourage using their own price guarantee. It shouldn’t be this hard and it shouldn’t be this wasteful. I don’t get asked to do surveys after my contacts with them anymore. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

7 months ago

@djoe47  Just make sure it actually is a Corporate Store and not a Retail Store. They both look exactly the same so it pays to ask when you go in.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

7 months ago

@formerlyknownas Do you have a link to anything about the price guarantee? I'd never heard of that before. I know customers can return and repurchase phones under the new promo if they're within 14 days, but I always thought that was a work around, not an official policy.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 months ago

if the phones are open they may charge the 55 dollar restocking fee.

4 Messages

7 months ago

I was told if returned in the 14 days I would not have to pay a restock fee. I do not know if that is standard. 

ACE - Master

• 

10.9K Messages

7 months ago

If you opened the box and used the phone, I can’t see them not charging a restocking fee.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.