Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Jan 19, 2020 10:16 PM

Best AT&T plan(s) for ONE 'unlimited' data Hotspot device and TWO low data voice phones?

Guys, I would like to use an AT&T Nighthawk Hotspot (with external MIMO antenna) for "unlimited" data and also two smartphones for voice calls and limited data use, for a total of three lines. I would hate to buy the AT&T UNLIMITED ELITE plan for all three of these lines since, as I said, only the Hotspot has any real (streaming) data needs. Any ideas? Or is it possible to get the AT&T UNLIMITED ELITE for the Hotspot line, and something else for the two phones? Or perhaps I will have to get the AT&T UNLIMITED ELITE for all three lines, but be forced to physically rotate the SIM cards into and out of the Hotspot as they reach their max hotspot data cap? Or?

Thanks!!

-Linda

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

4 weeks ago

None of the current phone unlimited plans allow adding a hotspot device. You would need to get a separate plan for the hotspot device. The only unlimited plan I know of for a hotspot device is a data connect plan.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Thanks for the info, sandblaster! Just so I have this straight (I know nothing about cellular): even though the AT&T UNLIMITED ELITE plan has "30GB mobile hotspot per line," I would have to use our two 4G LTE phones in hotspot mode to access it, as I could not (or I am not allowed to) use a dedicated LTE Hotspot device (such as the Netgear Nighthawk) with the Elite plan?

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

@sandblaster Or, can I use the "AT&T Wireless Internet" plan (with 100GB addon) for a dedicated LTE Hotspot device?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

Correct, the 30GB hotspot included in the elite plan is only for phones or tablets. I do not believe you can get the wireless internet for that device. AT&T Fixed Wireless internet is a wireless internet service for customers living in select rural areas who cannot get a traditional AT&T Internet service. ATT provides the equipment if you are eligible.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mobilemax

Employee

• 

732 Messages

Hello,

The current Unlimited AT&T Plans offer 15gb hotspot (Extra Package) and 30gb hotspot (Elite Package) for smartphones or tablets on the plan. You can get a stand-alone MiFi (portable) or WHPi (more stationary and connect landline phone) on standalone data plans of 50GB or 100GB. Most stores hav Beijing options to review in person and see how they differ hardware wise, as well as recommend which would fit your needs.

Price varies depending on preference for autopay and paperless billing, how many total devices and any service discounts (military, employer, college student, aarp, etc).

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.