For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
returnmymoney's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 10:38 PM

Being Billed for Service after Cancellation and After transfer to another carrier.

I discovered a charge of $62 on my credit card.  I no longer have Att.  I am on the phone but unable to get anyone to help me even figure out why I have this charge.  It will now be in the hundreds of dollars for no services.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@VictimOfScams

Service for all carriers is month to month.  You cancel by porting your phone numbers out to a different carrier, but must call and request tablet (or any non-phone)  lines be canceled.  

You can cancel anytime, but will pay for the entire month, so it’s advised you do so at the end of the month.  If porting out, do so 1 or 2 days before as porting is not always instant.  8FC1B333-0C75-430B-9F4A-FD882DA9A71C.jpeg

Read how Verizon words it......

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Original poster here. AT&T did decide to reverse all charges. I have a very long history of calls to them regarding this cancellation.  I followed everything they asked me to do and they followed through by honoring their side of things. This wasn't one call but year(s) long process. Good for them for honoring what they said.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am being billed for direct tv when you can no longer provide me with service because of trees. You refused to place my dish in a higher position and therefore I had to switch to Xfinity, still an at&t company. I have used Direct TV for decades and have always been a loyal customer. Now, you want to bill me for services YOU cannot provide me with because YOU say I never cancelled my subscription. What is wrong with you? Is this how you treat loyal customers?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

@zachia wrote:

I am being billed for direct tv when you can no longer provide me with service because of trees. You refused to place my dish in a higher position and therefore I had to switch to Xfinity, still an at&t company. I have used Direct TV for decades and have always been a loyal customer. Now, you want to bill me for services YOU cannot provide me with because YOU say I never cancelled my subscription. What is wrong with you? Is this how you treat loyal customers?

1.   This is a customer populated forum for wireless (cell phones)

2.  Xfinity is NOT owned by At&t/direcTV. 
3.  You were willing to PAY for reinstall?  Otherwise trees are your department.  
4.  If you were still in a 2 year contract, you are billed an ETF which you have to pay.  
5.  If you didn’t call and cancel and return equipment, yeah, they still bill you.

Call the TV department, not wireless.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.