Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
ClaudieCakes's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jun 5, 2014 2:20 AM

Bad Customer Service Experience

I can't find an email for customer service so I'm writing what I was going to write in here in hopes that I get a response.  If I don't receive a response, I will keep trying I guess.

So here goes:

I am writing to you to tell you about the poor customer service I have received from one of your stores and AT&T in general.  The store I am referring to is located at 9728 SE Washington St. Portland OR 97216. 

I have been a customer at AT&T for about 15 years, and am really considering switching phone companies after the ordeal I have had to go through, which is still not resolved.

On May 31st I was at work and I noticed that I did not have any signal at all, (on my way to work, my phone kept dropping me to the network).  My coworker who was sitting right next to me, who also has AT&T had full bars of service and 4GLTE.  I had absolutely nothing.  No service, No network.  I’ve always had cell service at my work, but I don’t anymore. At first I tried the chat function on your website, and there was no chat service available.  Then I decided to call your 800 number to see if they could help me.  I was on the phone for sometime while people were running tests on my phone, checked the towers in the area to see if they were okay, and came up with the conclusion that I needed a new sim card.  On Sunday June 1st, before I went to work, I went to the AT&T store and got me a new sim card.  When I got to work, my phone STILL didn’t work.  So obviously the sim card wasn’t the problem.  So once again, I had to go without a phone for yet another day.  Mind you, the phone only got signal when I was outside of the building, but still would drop me from the network. 

So then on Monday June 2nd, before I have to go to work again, I decided to go to the AT&T store to get my phone replaced.  When I checked in, I was told maybe a 10 or 15 minute wait to speak to someone about my issue.  Which was fine, the place looked sort of busy anyway.  When I actually got to speak to someone, I told him my problem, and he told me that I could either go to their warranty facility (which I later found out that they don’t even carry my phone because it’s too new) and get a new phone from them, or I could call and have a new phone shipped to me within 3-5 business days, which should only take about 5 minutes.  I told him, since I didn’t have enough time to drive across town in traffic to their warranty facility that I guess I would do the phone thing.  I asked if I could use their phone, seeing as how mine isn’t working.  He took me to the phone, dialed the number for me and that was the last I saw of him.  That so called ‘only 5 minute phone call’ took about 30 minutes.  This caused me to be late for work.  But that’s not the important thing right now, I was on the phone for 30 minutes, running the same exact tests that I had already said that I did, explaining I already got a new sim card, and that I need a new phone, only to find out that I’m not going to be getting a new phone within 3-5 business days, but that I was going to get a response with a decision in 3-5 days.  The best part is I will be getting a phone call with a decision on a phone that barely receives calls.  Therefore, I’m really upset because I am paying for a service that I am not getting. I’m going to have to wait for a new phone for over a week.  Possibly two weeks, but that’s even if I get a new phone.  I still don’t know yet, because I haven’t received a response about it.  And I feel the coworkers at the store didn’t even help me at all, didn’t explain to me as to WHY I can’t get a new phone from the store.  Which I think isn’t right, especially if your so-called warranty center doesn’t stock it yet.

Either way I am really upset with AT&T because you guys aren’t helping me at all, and I need my stupid phone to work. It’s brand new, it’s never been dropped, it’s in perfect condition.  IT DOESN’T WORK!

Responses

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.6K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @ClaudieCakes 

I'm sorry for all the issues you're having with your phone and warranty service. I know how frustrating it is to be without a cell phone and our team will be happy to help you with that! Please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached. One of our Social Media Care managers will then contact you as soon as possible to assist.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question