Need help understanding your bill?
penstermaine's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015 8:51 PM

BAD Customer Service - AT&T Wireless

I uprgraded to an iPhone 6 three weeks ago.  I was offered a FREE LG tablet with the Next Installment and would only incur a $10 monthly charge for the tablet.  The sales associate (Somersworth, New Hampshire store) told me that my iPhone would be compatible with LG tablet in that I could download the QPair app and my contacts and text messages would synchronize.  I thought this was great so I said yes.  Little did I know that the information was completely bogus.  In addition to not being compatible, I was NEVER told that there would be a $40 activation fee, nor did the associate advise me of the phone number associated with the tablet.  I only found out about all of this when I received my bill recently.  So I called the store after finding out that the 2 devices were not compatible.  I just wanted to return everything.  I was told since I'm outside of the 14 day window, there was nothing they could do.  I said what about crediting the $40 activation fee which the associate never told me about.  Sorry, nothing we can do.  So I call the 800 number, get the same response.  I said I want a manager to call me to discuss.  Just got off the phone with the manager and he stated that I signed the contract so all charges are valid.  Nothing he could do and with regard to the incompatibility of the devices, well, he can't confirm nor deny that the associate told me that the devices were compatible since it is not documented on my account.  So I'm screwed.  I have a useless piece of equipment that I don't want any more but am now locked into a 2 year agreement with it.  I truly despise AT&T and am disgusted with their customer service.  Both the local store manager and the corporate manager were rude and unwilling to do ANYTHING.  Disgusting.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @penstermaine

I’m sorry to hear that your experience in upgrading your device has been a poor one. I’d be happy to help! Whilst the QPair app cannot be used to receive your iPhone texts on the LG G Pad, we do offer a service called AT&T Messages which can be used to do just this. With the AT&T Messages app set up on both devices, you can read your texts on the tablet, even if they were sent to your iPhone! When using AT&T Messages with an iPhone, you may wish to turn off iMessage as iMessages are sent via data, and cannot be accessed by AT&T Messages.

With regards to the $40 activation fee, this is a standard fee for all new lines such as for your tablet. This charge will have been detailed on your Customer Service Summary which would have been provided and signed at the time of the upgrade and line addition.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.