Need help understanding your bill?
Ajia_Dawn's profile

Traveler

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 14th, 2015 3:25 PM

Authorized User in store pickup

Can an authorized user pick up an added line device when selecting in store pick up or can they only pickup their own upgrade line?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

778 Messages

8 years ago

Learn about permissions for managing your wireless account online, in an AT&T store, or on the phone with customer care at: User permissions for managing your account.

Scholar

• 

323 Messages

9 years ago

If you added the line in their name and they are authorized they can pick it up.  I did this with my father without any problems.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Not true! A NEW line can only be added AND picked up by the primary acct holder. I've even explained hlw medical issues are a factor for our primary acct holder, and they will not allow it.

Scholar

• 

323 Messages

9 years ago

Not true for you. I added a line in AZ with my fathers info. He went into the PA store, got the phone, activated it with no issues. This was done Dec 2014.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

That is a wonderful account of customer satisfaction.  Apparently, this is not something each new AT&T customer should expect, lest we have our hopes dashed and met head on with the uncomprehending stare of "AT&T's best".  Case in point: I was added to someone's line last Friday, had my old number ported over, was provided a SIM card and was then told to pick a phone from the display.  I chose the LG V20.  I was then told the V20 was not available until 10/24.  Upon calling the store on 10/24, I was told the phone was now available for pickup.  I informed the store rep that I would come in to purchase this phone that very same night.  Upon driving an hour out of my way in rush hour traffic, I arrived at this very store I was told to come to.  After asking for the previous sales rep, I was told that he was gone fot the day.  Not being dismayed and confident we could overcome this minor hurdle, I trustfully proceeded to explain the previous history and current situation to the sales rep.  This gentleman informed me that he would not be able to assist me without the account owner.  Understandable and not a problem - so far.  I asked him if it would possible to call the line owner for assistance.  The rep asked me for the owner's name and number - which I provided.  He then asked for my name.  Upon entering in the owner's number into his tablet, he appeared very surprised that the owner's name was not my name.  We circled the conversation again.  He asked me for the owner's name and number - which I provided.  He then asked for my name.  Upon entering in the owner's number, he provided a blank stare and offered a final, "I'm sorry - there is nothing that we can do for you as you are not the account owner nor an authorized agent on the line."  At this point, I was able to dismiss myself as courteously as possible and exit the store, once again entering rush hour traffic.  I appreciate AT&T's exemplary coordination and determined resolv to take care of their new customers.  My heart nearly bursts and leaps at what the future holds while with AT&T.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I submitted a request for assistance with AT&T, explaining the above situation. One of their first responses? "Please provide your phone number so that we can contact you". Please tell me it doesn't get any better than this.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.