AT&T's response to the recent tornadoes in Missouri
Our thoughts are with everyone impacted by the recent tornadoes in Missouri and our customers who have friends and family impacted by this disaster.
To learn how we're keeping AT&T wireless and AT&T PREPAID customers affected by the recent tornadoes in Missouri connected during this difficult time, please refer to AT&T's Midwest Disaster Response Efforts.
AT&T encourages customers to consider the following recommendations in the wake of this disaster:
- Keep your mobile phone battery charged. Have another way to charge your phone like an extra battery, car charger or device-charging accessory.
- Keep your mobile devices dry. Keep it safe from the elements by storing it in a baggie or some other type of protective covering.
- Program all of your emergency contact numbers and e-mail addresses into your mobile phone. Numbers should include the police department, fire station and hospital, as well as your family members.
- Camera phones provide assistance. If you have a camera phone, take, store and send photos and video clips of damage to your insurance company.
- Set up a call-forwarding service to a backup location. Set up a single or multiple hotline number(s) for employees, their families, customers and partners so they all know about the business situation and emergency plan.
- Back up data to the Cloud. Routinely back up files to an off-site location.
Things to Remember
- Text messaging. During an emergency situation, text messages may go through more quickly than voice calls.
- Be prepared for high call volume. During an emergency, the increased calling volume may create network congestion. If you can’t get a call through, hang up, wait several seconds and then try the call again.
Additional information and tips for disaster preparedness can be found at Inclement Weather - Be Prepared.