For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
msc01s's profile

1 Message

Monday, February 26th, 2024 11:08 PM

ATT Won't Give me my Promotion Credit Kept the phone that I traded in

I traded my iPhone 12 into ATT back in June of 2023 for the $800 promotion credit.  I was told that I would receive the credit in the form of monthly credits starting in two months.  After two months I never received the credit so I called.  They said that there was an issue with locating the phone I traded in.  The representative was very nice and tracked my phone down and confirmed receipt and provided me with the RA number showing that my phone was received at 3:03 pm on 7/19/23.  Well within the 30-day time frame.  There was nothing wrong with my phone, it was fully paid off.  The only reason I upgraded was because of the promotion.  I have called ATT on an almost monthly basis for the past 8 months.  Every time I have to retell my story.  Sometimes I am on the phone for hours.  There have been times I have been put on hold and they never return.  They always ask for the best number in case we get disconnected which I always provide.  I have been "disconnected" more times than I can count and never once have I ever received a call back.  I have been told multiple times that it has been corrected and I should see the credit in a month or two.  Still no credit.  I have been told multiple times that a manager would call me.  I have never received a call.  Again, I have spent countless hours on the phone over the past 8 months to resolve this.  Every time I call I go through the same thing with no resolution.  I am 55 years old and have never, in my entire life, experienced anything like this.  So I am not ever going to get the promotional credit that ATT said I qualified for and they are going to just steal my perfectly good phone?  Given the dozen-plus plus sometimes hours-long calls I have been on, being transferred, hung up on I do not know what to do.  If I was not a first responder and needed to be on firstnet trust me I would just leave.  I am sorry though, I am not just going away.  ATT can't tell me I qualify for a promotion, take my phone, and then never follow through with it.  If anyone else has experienced this please let me know what you had to do for a resolution.  File with the FTC, BBB???

Thank you

Mike

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

2 months ago

Did you meet ALL the requirements of the promotion? If so, file your BBB complaint. All agency complaints are sent to the same department at AT&T to handle, you don’t need to file with multiple agencies. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.