Need help understanding your bill?
Jimsmith84084's profile

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 25th, 2022 8:46 PM

AT&T trade in program

starting off I have been with At&t for decades. this trade situation just feels like I have no options but to just take what I am given. I traded in my google pixel 6 Pro for the new pixel 7 pro the day it launched because I loved the new phone and had no issues at all when I traded into the 6 pro the day it launched there was also the $800 off the new phone with trade-in. I received the 7 pro in the mail and reset the 6 pro and put it in the package to send it back. it took a good long while for the phone to be received and evaluated for trade-in value. as the phone was getting processed I was getting texts saying I needed to change my plan to get the promotional credit. it wasn't until I got the 5th text saying to change my plan to get credit. I call in and see why I have to change my plan to get the promotional credit. the agent submitted an escalated ticket to see why. a few days later I get the AT&T trade-in program card in the mail. for an offensive amount of $290. I also found the fine print the day the phone launched about needing a new qualifying plan to get the credit. I thought I would be able to use the credit on the card that was sent to me to make a dent in the amount I owe on the phone or the watch I also bought the day it came out. the billing site will not allow you to make a partial payment on a device agent can't do it either. after two phone agents, we find even more fine print saying the AT&T trade-in program card can only be used to pay my bill or buy more At&t. there was no choice given to me on what or how the credit for my trade was going to be given back to me. so as a recap I had to change my plan and I was given nowhere near the amount I could have sold the phone for myself on a card that cant is used for anything I need. I have never had a situation like this ever happen to me has this happened to anyone else?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

You must have a qualifying plan to get the trade in credits. They are spread out over 36 months not a lump sum credit. If you don’t qualify you are given the perceived value of your trade in 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.