Announcements
Ace Back to School with AT&T's A+ deals!
kendralymon84's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tue, May 15, 2018 6:51 PM

ATT Switch Promotion

Your promotion is misleading and is costing customer exponential amount of money.  I recently switched for Sprint to ATT due to ATT having better cell coverage.  I traded in my two phones to ATT with expectations that my phone lease and terrmination of lease fees would be covered.  However, I later found out this was not true.  Instead of telling me to return my phones to Sprint, the reps told me that they would handle it.  Now I am stuck with a $630 bill from Sprint for my phones and termination of contract fees.  ATT if you are going to run a promotion make sure to give out all of the facts and not leave customers hanging with extra bills to pay 

Responses

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

10K Messages

3 y ago

@kendralymon84 wrote:

Your promotion is misleading and is costing customer exponential amount of money.  I recently switched for Sprint to ATT due to ATT having better cell coverage.  I traded in my two phones to ATT with expectations that my phone lease and terrmination of lease fees would be covered.  However, I later found out this was not true.  Instead of telling me to return my phones to Sprint, the reps told me that they would handle it.  Now I am stuck with a $630 bill from Sprint for my phones and termination of contract fees.  ATT if you are going to run a promotion make sure to give out all of the facts and not leave customers hanging with extra bills to pay 

Did you receive trade-in credit when you gave them you phones?

Did you send in the final bill?

The promotion was pretty clear that it only paid phone installments OR ETFs, not both. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

It not clear when sales reps in the store aren't even clear on the way the
promotion works.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

50.9K Messages

3 y ago

You traded your phones into ATT, why would you think ATT would return them to Sprint? Of course Sprint charged you for the phones, that is the whole idea of the switch offer. You trade in your phones, buy new ones from ATT and ATT reimburses you up to $650 per phone to offset what you owe to Sprint but as noted above, that requires you submit your final bill from Sprint. In my opinion, the promotion is very clear if you take the time to read it.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

Take the time and read this

[Inappropriate content removed]

[Please keep it courteous]

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

10K Messages

3 y ago

@kendralymon84 wrote:
It not clear when sales reps in the store aren't even clear on the way the
promotion works.

Even with the "fine print," the promotion isn't that long: https://extrameasures.att.com/#/home

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain

Get started

Ask a question
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.