Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, October 20th, 2020 1:11 AM

AT&T stole $500 from me by not honoring their promotion

I ported in a phone number back in March and was supposed to get $500 off the phone. Instead I have been fighting with them for 7 months over this.  There were two different promotions at the time - one was to trade in a phone and get $500 and the other was my promo. If you did both promos you would have gotten the Samsung Galaxy S20 for free. You didn't have to two both. You could do one or the other and just get $500. 

For months they have been jerking me around, saying it would be taken care of and honored and now they are saying there was never such a promo even though it's been confirmed to me several times. 

Is my only course of action to sue them?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

3 years ago

You cannot sue your telephone carrier. Your option is small claims, which can take months and does cost you money to file. Your best option is to file a Better Business Bureau complaint online. AT&T will contact you directly by phone. At the very least you will get an answer as to why you did not qualify for the $500 deal.  At best you may get credit for the entire amount.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Bringing them to small claims court is suing them and it only costs a very small amount in my area. I can also do it without a (Edited per community guidelines). I had already filed complaints with the BBB and FCC.   

Fortunately, some "President" from AT&T called me last night and refunded over $500 back to my credit card as I did qualify for the promotion and the reps for the past 7 months were just (Edited per community guidelines). 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.