For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
H

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, April 18th, 2021 6:47 AM

Closed

AT&T sent llc u304aa phone which I declined to get

AT&T sent llc u304aa phone which I declined to get. Clearly I said NO but still sent 2 phones saying 3G network will be out of service and you need phones which can accommodate 4G network. Since I'm using phones for 4G network and also I know AT&T sends garbage phones, I said NO. I talked to customer service what happens if I leave these phones unactivated. Customer service answered AT&T will charge if I don't send them back in 14 days.  Is this the way of selling merchandises? This is very close to fraudulent business. Is it OK here in united states? It's not forgiven even if I return those garbage phones. Don't you think so?

My question is who authorized this kind of business.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

3G Sunset Updates and Information

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 years ago

what phones are you using?  If they are not on the approved list then they will stop working.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

At&t is sending out free, cheap phones to replace phones not capable of Voice over LTE. The radiant core is certainly one of the cheap one.  My neighbor got the cingular flip.  

Unless you see 'VoLTE' in your notification bar, your phone needs to be replaced. 

If it drops to H or H+ during calls, it's not VoLTE, and is a 3G phone on AT&T .

AT&T '4G' is HSPA+ or 3g service, and will be shutting down.

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Important thing is AT&T sent phone which I refused to take and made me take time to go to post office to return, since if I don't return it in 14 days, AT&T charges for this garbage phone.  I'm sure many users have same experience. The way of sales of AT&T is fraudulence.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

if I don't return it in 14 days, AT&T charges for this garbage phone. 

They are sending you a free phone. They aren’t going to charge you for it whether you return it or not and you don’t have to use it.

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

For sure, I talked to customer service. Over 14 days will be charged was the comment of the guy.  I will go after the manager who authorized this pre-fraudulent sales. Well -known companies in united states educate employees not to do anything fraudulent actions to customers but AT&T is different because that ruin their reputation. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

🤦🏼‍♀️. No.  Again, no.  You were sent this phone's because your current phones are not capable of working on AT&T network when 3-g shuts down. These phones are free. You are not being charged for them.  No contract.  No charge.  Zip.  Zero.

The person you spoke with on the phone was not aware that you were sent these phones as free Replacements because your current phones will not work on AT&T.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

Let's put this a different way. Did you pay anything for these phones up front? AT&T has to charge sales tax upfront even on free phones. If you paid nothing upfront, no charge on your credit card, then these are free phones. If you would post whatever phone you are using currently we may be able to confirm whether or not your current phones will work on AT&T voice o er LTE service.  (At&t seems to think not)

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Now I'm using Pixel 5. Even if 3G network becomes out of service, it doesn't matter. And I didn't pay sales tax because I didn't buy those phones.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

Pixel 5 is VoLTE compatible. 

You didn't pay sales tax because they're free.  Return if you want, they are lousy phones

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

3 years ago

At&at sent free phones when they shut down their 2G network. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.