Need help understanding your bill?
smcook99's profile

1 Message

Sunday, February 25th, 2024 8:40 PM

ATT Rep Lied to scam me into higher bill

They showed me 2 prices, one where I keep my phones and receive a check in the mail for roughly 80% of my balance owed OR a 2nd option that was $50 less per month if I trade in all 4 phones. I took option 1 so I could pay off Verizon but no check ever arrived.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

2 months ago

one where I keep my phones and receive a check in the mail for roughly 80% of my balance owed OR a 2nd option that was $50 less per month if I trade in all 4 phones. I took option 1 so I could pay off Verizon but no check ever arrived.

Yeah I guess they sure did. They just made stuff up

Since option 1 does not exist, I can't imagine why they would have offered that. AT&T does not have an offer to pay off your previous service provider and let you keep the phone.  (Are you sure you weren't talking to T-Mobile?)

The only bring your own device offer that AT&T has would pay up to two phone lines on your account a total of $250 over 25 months as $10 bill credits. 

There is no offer from AT&T that pays off your previous provider and allows you to keep your old phones

As I mentioned often, All of AT&T's valid offers, prices, promotions, policies are published on their website and are pretty easy to find with a simple Google search. Including the BYOD $250 offer, and the phone promotions which may credit up to $1,000 on each phone that you trade in

AT&T does have a trade-in program, that can pay off lump sum.  But I doubt it would pay you back 80% of the cost of any phone even if it were brand spanking new.  The trade-in offers on the website that pay out monthly pay out a larger amount over 36 months

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.