Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Sep 5, 2019 12:16 AM

AT&T promo $300 reward card

I bought two new iphone XR on 7/16/2019, there was a promotion that offers a $300 VISA gift card plus the BOGO free, etc. I activated service over a month already, but i haven't receive any email or letters on how to redeem the gift card, i try to enter my account number in the ATT reward gift card website, but nothing is there yet.  I met all the requirements but didn't receive anything.  I called the reward center and waited 20 minutes to talk to an actual person, then was told after another 10 min that the reward doesn’t show up for my acct.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and she told me there wasn’t one.  WHat???   How do I get the reward now?

Responses

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 months ago

They told me any changes made to the line within 30 days voids all of it 😳 had I known a SIM card would void it I wouldn’t have bought one but I had to because the phone ended up being used on another line. She said the fact that another number was using the line wouldn’t have been a problem had I not bought a SIM card and just simply swapped the SIM cards but I couldn’t do that because the phone got ran over by the lawn mower and literally went to shreds. It was honestly the way the representative in the store rang the transaction up that messed it up. She scanned a new sim for the line the phone number was going to be used on and then scanned another card for the new line that I purchased for the BOGO. That is what caused all of this mess to happen. Apparently the store reps weren’t aware that by doing that it canceled the BOGO and gift card promotions. They were like me and when they see that no changes are to be made assumed they only meant you can’t cancel the line. 

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

8.7K Messages

4 months ago

@ashlsll, I’m also confused with the events that happened. I don’t think simply buying replacement SIMs would have anything to do with the BOGO requirements. 

File a BBB complaint...you need to get escalated to at least find out the true details about the BOGO. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I am having the same problem. Did yours ever get resolved?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Yes, it was resolved. Use the screen shots that I uploaded to show that it was a valid promo that should help you. Best wishes!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

I just spent 1.5 hours online chatting, three phone calls and no help on the same issue.  I purchased an Iphone X as a replacement for my wife in August and have been waiting for my $300 reward. Never showed.  Now today they inform me there never was an offer like this unless you started a new line. What a scam.  I purchased online through the page telling me her phone was eligible for an update. Been a customer for a long long time (the kid on the line even mentioned "wow that's an old line"), so tired of having to fight for customer service.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I agree that the customer service is terrible at AT&T. I spent hours and hours trying to get this situation resolved. They said they fixed the issue and that I should receive my card within the next three weeks. If I don’t receive it, I will let everyone here know.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I waited 6 months and never received my $300 rewards card. I was told it was a local reward and I had to go back to the store where I purchased the phones. I say HOG-WASH! I even read the terms back to the rep but failed to convince him that this is what I was told. AT&T is a bad company to deal with. I will be changing my service as soon as I can.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…