Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?
yerollashyam's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 24th, 2018 5:36 AM

AT&T- online order is it customers responsibility to get phone or at&t responsibility to deliver it?

Hello,
I am with a&t since starting of 2014 having family plan and 9 lines on my account. Since, three days I regret of been stick to at&t, I have an issue and struggling with customer service people to get the info. On the 15th Jan 2018 I went to store and ordered a new line & device and requested to ship it to California (to my sister's address - she as arrived in US very recently), expected delivery date given was - 01/18/2018. Today 01/23/2018 still I did not receive the phone & tracking shows information unavailable. Called up customer service since three days and they do transfer the call from one department to other without even letting me know, one the first day I had to wait for 3hrs on call speaking to 4 agents the explaining the same thing. Which repeated the same on second day even. I did stepped into the store on Bell road, all the customer service people are asking me to go to the ups store and find what had happen - Is it a customers responsibility to get the phone or at&t responsibility to deliver it? As a customer I take responsibility after I receive the phone. I am seriously upset with the response and service waiting on call for long hours. I did wait that long because for my sister as she is new here and doesn't have phone with her. OMG I never came across these phase and its sick. I seriously feel like transferring the service to some other networks.

Guru

• 

467 Messages

6 years ago

I understand how frustrating this situation must be for you and how important it is for your sister to receive the device you ordered.  In short, the answer to your question is neither.  The expected delivery date is expected, not guaranteed.  

AT&T is not the delivery service, in this situation, UPS is.  All AT&T is trying to do is advise the fastest way to resolve your situation.  I don’t know if you’re aware of this, but according to the UPS website, deliveries in California are being impacted by the mudslides.  If the tracking is stating no information, that usually means it hasn’t been picked up yet.  Calling, or going, to UPS is the fastest way to find out the delay.  I hope this helps.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I agree with you on reaching out to the UPS for fastest way to find out the delay. But, over here I am not the owner to get all info required. 

After, on calls with at&t customer services people and reaching out to at&t store people they again suggest me to call at&t customer service, on Wednesday I had spoke to UPS customer service and found info from them that phone was lost in transit. Now, I had asked UPS customer service to provide me a document or sent an email with the status, they denied saying we cannot provide you those details as you're not the owner of the shipment, AT&T says to call them and they provide the details. I did even try my luck stepping into UPS store same reply. Realized I am wasting my time , being with the AT& T service. Then after on Thursday, I called the customer service once again explaining  this what I am facing the situation and how hard its for me and giving them the info of the LOST phone (which they claim as if its not their responsibility) to the customer service guy called "Ryna". The way Ryna speaking to me and trying to find the info was excellent, I thought we would help me for sure. He did escalate the situation to his Supervisor & Manger, he promised I will receive a call in next 24 hrs with the update which he told me on Thursday - 25th Jan 2018 around 6PM and I never received the call back till today which is Monday 29th Jan 2018 - 8:19PM MST 😞

Once, I called AT&T customer service people on Monday around 11:30 AM and asked the people to find out the termination fee which I thought I will this service and jump onto other one. The lady who received the call has found all the info once again she promised me to send all details requested and phone escalated reference number and she transferred the call to the manager once, I spoke with all details ( I know who might be reading this will get tried). He & she promised that issue is escalated and will send me all required info and reference number in a while ...in a while...in a while which was around 12:15 PM on Monday of 29th Jan 2018, I haven't received any of the email from AT&T till now which is 8:27 PM Monday of 29th Jan 2018. Not even an promotion email I received today & its the  fastest service they are providing.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.