Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
E

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jul 6, 2020 12:34 PM

AT&T offered an upgrade with no charge, but went ahead charged?

AT&T offered 1/2 price on a new phone, but only gave a credit of $10 per the life of contract of the phone.  Don’t fall for 1/2 price phone deal. Also, when AT&T offered an upgrade without additional charges, don’t agree with AT&T because they charged you more in next billing. And these days due to Covid, if you wanted to talk to manager (AT&T requested a call back to you, but nobody called you back).  When you asked AT&T looked into anybody from AT&T called you back, AT&T representative or manager couldn’t tell you if their people have called you or not.  So at the end, you ended up with an increase in your bill from month to month without anyone from AT&T to look into your bill.  Bottom line is nobody from AT&T wanted to help me to look into my bill with those extra charges. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.2K Messages

a month ago

Those 1/2 off deals apply to the base model only. The monthly credit is based on the cost of the base model. If you buy a more expensive model, you pay the difference.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

AT&T offered 1/2 price on a new phone, but only gave a credit of $10 per the life of contract of the phone.  Don’t fall for 1/2 price phone deal. Also, when AT&T offered an upgrade without additional charges, don’t agree with AT&T because they charged you more in next billing. And these days due to Covid, if you wanted to talk to manager (AT&T requested a call back to you, but nobody called you back).  When you asked AT&T looked into anybody from AT&T called you back, AT&T representative or manager couldn’t tell you if their people have called you or not.  So at Speed Test the essay writer  end, you ended up with an increase in your bill from month to month without anyone from AT&T to look into your bill.  Bottom line is nobody from AT&T wanted to help me to look into my bill with those extra charges. 

Get started...

Ask a new question