Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
BFN's profile

5 Messages

Friday, April 12th, 2024 6:25 AM

ATT Network Provider Lock

I have a brand new phone that was purchased in USA that came with the ATT sim card. I do not live in the USA, and I want to use my local sim card. However, I'm unable to make the switch because of the sim lock. I tried to do the device unlock from the ATT website but I was unable to do so because i keep receiving a technical error message. I've tried many times to do it and I have also tried VPN and still couldn't.  The sim card has never been used, so I don't have any pending payments and such. I also called ATT customer service and they just directed me to the website which was no use. Any tips?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

1 month ago

AT&T unlock requirements include 60 days of use on the AT&T network, or 6 months if it's a prepaid phone. 

Phones that have not been used on AT&T aren't even registered so the IMEI is not in the unlocked portal.

Since you are unable to use AT&T, to register the phone or meet the 60 day to 6 months usage,  I would suggest you return the phone.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.