Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
L

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Oct 28, 2020 10:45 PM

ATT IS THE WORST PHONE SERVICE OUT OF ALL OTHER PHONE SERVICES I HAVE USED... EVEN WORSE THAN "SECONDARY' Prepay SERVICES

I traveled literally ALL OVER the United States to over 10 different states and 80 different cities within those states... Large cities, small cities, medium and small towns, and country towns... AND EVEN CALLING A NUMBER ONLY 1 OR 2 MILES AWAY FROM ME... NO ONE could ever hear me when I used the phone over a 7 month period!! I thought it was the phone even though it was brand new... so I switched to a different phone, and it was the SAME (Edited per community guidelines)ty phone service. I only kept it for so long because I owed a lot of money on the phone, and they wouldn't let me cancel until I paid it off, and I hadn't had the money to do so for 7 months. Everyone I complained about this to, told me that they had the SAME issue when they used to have ATT!!! And that's why they switched to a new carrier!! So it's not just me!!! I paid over $80 per month for their unlimited internet and phone plan and didn't get (Edited per community guidelines)!! It was so bad that I had to buy a second phone from boost mobile to call people back on because I couldn't move my number over from ATT to my new service until after I paid off the balance I owed on the phone. And too many people/companies had that number. I never had issues with ANY other phone service and I have used at least 5!! They rig their phones to say they have 4 or 5 lines of service almost everywhere you go, but you get literally a half line of service!! They might hear you for 5 or 10 seconds at first, but then you start cutting in and out constantly! You can keep driving 1 block at a time for 500 miles and stop at each block and yet STILL no one, even 1 mile away, or even if you're talking to a friend who is driving directly behind you, can have a conversation with you!!! It's horrible!! I dont understand how they have customers!!

And then when I decided enough was enough and saved up enough money to pay the balance off of my phone, so that I can cancel this (Edited per community guidelines)ty service, even though they promised me in the beginning that my phone could easily be unlocked and used with another phone service in the future, when I tried to do an "unlock request" in my account after finding out the correct IMEI number that is on my phone, it said that the number was "invalid", which is not true. It's as though their website is rigged to keep people from being able to use their phone on a new service even though they paid for that phone fair and square!!! When I contacted Live Chat to ask them to do it for me since their website was being stupid, they keep moving you from department to department for about an hour, until finally a supervisor tells you that they are not able to do it for me. So how am I supposed to unlock the phone then?? So I called the number and waited on hold for an hour, as usual. Then ended up talking to about 8 different people who all argued with me that I have to do it myself online, even though I explained that it wouldn't work online. Finally after over 3 hours of my life wasted on this ONE thing, stressed as (Edited per community guidelines) out, and arguing with many dumbasses who didn't know how to do their job and had no idea what I was talking about, I was able to get a semi-intelligent american who understood english to finally help me. Ridiculous!!

DO NOT SWITCH TO ATT YOU WILL REGRET IT INCREDIBLY!! USE CRICKET OR BOOST FOR ONLY $30 PER MONTH ON AUTO PAY! ATT claims to be a "primary" service and better than the cheaper prepays but they're not at all they are FAAAARRRR worse!!

Their customer service is the worst service i have ever experienced in my life!!! EVERY SINGLE TIME I contact them by phone or live chat, the stupid (Edited per community guidelines) dont listen to ANYTHING I say, they just ASSUME and keep sending you to different people and making you explain your issue at least 3 or 4 times before finally getting it resolved, or sometimes you dont get it resolved at all, such as my case with trying to unlock my phone and cancel my ATT service!!!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRRIBLE!!!!! ASK ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO HAS HAD THEM IN THE PAST AND THEY WILL AGREE!!!!

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.4K Messages

a month ago

😆 And yet it’s the number 2 carrier because it has the 2nd best coverage and works in almost every place in the USA.  But you stick with that story.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Hmmm... I'm wondering if that comment was supposed to be sarcastic? Hard to believe it is not, since you are someone who has an award for community excellence on this forum. They are "claiming" they are the number 2 network because it's a LIE. It's a scam. Ask anyone else who has ATT. The very few people satisfied happen to be part of a very few percentage who happen to live in a particular area where there is actually service, and don't travel anywhere else to see that it (Edited per community guidelines) most places.

(edited)

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.4K Messages

a month ago

@lori123 

As someone with the number 1 carrier, and formerly with number 2, and these being the ONLY 2 carriers that work in suburban Connecticut where I live, I assure you it’s not a joke.  Verizon only slightly edges AT&T out on coverage.  And some places AT&T has coverage and AT&T doesn’t.  (Like old Wethersfield DMV - zero Verizon, 4 bars with AT&T )

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

a month ago

what is even funner is the op telling folks to use Cricket..  SINCE ATT OWNES CRICKET AND THEY US THE SAME ATT TOWERS.  I needed a good laugh today thanks!!

Get started...

Ask a new question