For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
P

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, June 3rd, 2021 3:51 PM

ATT has been charging my credit card wrongly

Hello Guys,

You all must know what one has to go through when you deal with company like ATT 

This is not only insane but illogical and it is making me really upset. So if I don't get any resolution soon I may have to take a legal course.

My story is simple- went to ATT kios,  signed up with a sales guy for new lines.  But when I received paperwork I realised what the sales guy had promised was totally different than what I see in their contract. So I felt cheated hence decided to cancel the order the very next day. I was told that the devices has been shipped already hence it can't be canceled.

So when I received the package we did not accept it and requested that it goes back to the shipper. In fact, got email confirmation stating they received the package as is and they would be processing full refund.

Now the real but completely illogical and unethical thing for ATT to do is keep charging my credit card on and on even though phones were never activated.

The worst part it that I may have called customer service, promotion Dept sent several emails to different personals within ATT etc requesting resolution but all in vein.

As a last resort for this mal practice and rip-off I have no other option but to go to consumer court or approach any organization for arbitration.

Hopefully someone responsible from ATT reads this serious and genuine concern and tries to react positively on urgent basis as I can't anymore.

Regards,

Piyush Sanghavi 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

1.   Kiosks are not AT&T.  It's a 3rd party franchise. 

2.   Refusing to accept the phone's alleviate to responsibility to pay for the phones, not service.  You had to call AT&T to cancel service.  Or port your numbers out to another carrier. 

You have 3 days to cancel and void any agreement. 

It seems you read some, but not all, of what you signed. 

If you are still having a problem, you can file a Better Business Bureau complaints and AT&T will call you

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks. However, we never activated the phones so how to port out. Never ever used the phone or numbers even once as they were never activated in the 1st place.

Could you give me direct number or email to report this to BBb

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 years ago

Use Google to look it up.  Then I suggest you read the terms of service.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

Better Business Bureau is neither an email, nor phone number. It is an online form that you fill out. As I said, Google it

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.