For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
anaheimER's profile

• 

10 Messages

Sunday, December 4th, 2022 9:12 PM

AT&T Fraud People called me a Fraud!!!

I have TV & Internet with AT&T for over 5 years. Now after upgrading my Internet package with them, I want to switch my wireless account from T-Mobil. AT&T customer service processed my request without any problem, but they needed to transfer me to the FRAUD department, after I failed to answer their questions like "What's my brother's birthdate, they denied my request, basically they said i'm a fraudulent! This is so STUPID. I am not going to give up. Any advise is appreciated.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

They didn’t call you a fraud you weren’t able to answer the security question properly. Go into a store and transfer they can verify identity with your drivers license 

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

They did not give me the option to go to the local store either, which seems to be a smart way to handle personal info verification, and I'd be happy to. But I am not giving up. Calling me a fraud is unacceptable.

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

BTW, in order to get your question answer "properly", you need to ask proper question.

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

and now they can't accept verification from local authorized dealer either! What is really going on here. Is AT&T using "Fraudulent Prevention" to cover up some fishy business here!? If the Fraudulent Dept cannot verify you, you're not getting your deal!? 

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

This happens to me as well because I share a name with my father and grandfather. I never know the answers or who/what they’re ever talking about. 

Going into a store won’t help, if your situation is like mine, they still have to call and get verification from their fraud department.

I can buy multiple properties, cars, and get credit cards but I can’t get a new cell phone. Love their system.

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

I’m sorry to hear you’re in the same situation. Seriously, I’ve been with ATT over 5 years, never miss a payment, I just upgraded my internet package with them, to get theses new phones I gave them my DL, my SSN, my CC, my FICO is over 750, I’m a retired IT professional, I don’t have a mortgage, I’m financially free like a bird, and I can’t get my application approved because I failed their bogus questions!!! You’ll never beat T-Mobile doing shady business like this.

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

I am preparing a letter to AT&T Chairman & CEO, Randall L. Stephenson, demanding his explanation and apology for insulting and wasting my times by his employees. And I will not switch my wireless carrier to AT&T even they give me free phones.

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hi there @anaheimER, we're here to point you in the right direction to report possible fraud.

You can contact any of the three major credit bureaus to place a fraud alert on your credit file. The fraud alert asks creditors to contact you before opening new accounts or making changes to your existing accounts.

More steps to take in case of identity theft

• Close accounts you know or suspect were tampered with or opened fraudulently.
  • File a police report. Get a copy of it to submit to your creditors or others who may require proof of the crime.
  • Report identity theft at www.identitytheft.gov.
  • File your complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) online at www.consumer.ftc.gov or by calling the FTC. The FTC maintains an identity theft database law enforcement agencies use for investigations. Filing a complaint also helps the FTC better assist you as they learn more about identity theft and the problems it creates.

Learn about fraud, scams, and security on our Fraud & security resources page.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions; if so, we'll be delighted to assist.

Ashley, AT&T Community Specialsit

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for pointing out.

I am 60yo, my credit report is as thick as mortgage papers. I have seen my credit report contains weird and  questionable information, simply because my personal info being tampered by so many legit and none-legit organizations that I cannot keep track of. AT&T manipulating this situation to deny my application, because they goofed off and cannot compete with T-Mobil. That's what this is all about. How can you deny a credit application to a retired IT Professional, who FICO score is near perfect, who has no debts, who has been YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMER OVER 5 YEARS and never missed one single payment!? CHEAP BUSINESS STRAGERGY! and shame on you!

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

I am preparing a letter to AT&T Chairman & CEO, Randall L. Stephenson, demanding his explanation and apology for insulting and wasting my times by his employees.

Randall left the company over a year ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.