Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Tuesday, May 17th, 2016 7:28 PM

AT&T does not honor its promotional BOGO offer.

Mid december 2015 i was given a promotional BOGO offer by customer retention team.
I was told that they will be charging for both the lines for 3 months and on 4th month i'll get the credit and later on it will be just one phone charge.
It NEVER happened and as of now i have called them 14 times since March 2016 but no resolution....
Their argument is that this offer was only for the new customer or if you upgrade your line and i did neither.
My question is that if i was not eligible how come they offered me this promotion at first place???i originally had no idea about this promotion and never asked for any promotions but rather ATT rep. gave me this offer upfront when i called them in dec 2015.

If this was a mistake from their side why should i pay for their mistakes...ATT makes the terms/conditions ....ATT gives the offer and later ATT denies the same offer...how silly is that.....

I had better offer from T-Mobile but since i was given this offer i decided to stick with ATT and this was biggest mistake of my life...they are the liars and cheaters...i dont know where to escalate this issue.......

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@jworch01 wrote:

I am in the same situation. We purchased two iPhone 6 Plus's December 2015 (after being up-sold from the iPhone 6) as well as an iPad Pro and iPad Mini. I know it's almost two years later, but I just realized after reviewing the bill once the iPad Pro was paid off, they never applied the BOGO. Now after talking to one CS agent and submitting a case and also talking to another manager, I find out the BOGO never even applied for my phones! The CS agent on September 5th looked in the archives and even reassured me saying my phones were covered. If it a criminal case that I have to file, I will. I've been with AT&T for years and this is a pretty disrespectful way of treating their customers.

@jworch01

The iPhone 6 and 6 plus have NEVER been eligible for a buy one get one free promotion.  

Not in 2015, 2016 or 2017.  The iPhone SE was also not eligible.  You were also not eligible if you did not add a new line for the free phone.  

Phone promotions are to add customers and increase business, not save us money.  

I get you're upset, but you don't have any recourse if you didn't follow the requirements of a promotion.  

Just like if Delmonte corn is two for one.  You can't substitute peas and still get the deal.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

I think they are upset about the deception in their campaign and/or sales reps.  I was even told by a sales rep that I would receive the difference if my bogo phone was paid off early.  They would still be making money by retaining customers if they just honored what was supposedly advertised instead of pointing at the fine print and saying, "We gotcha!! Ha ha ha!"  I have since canceled my phone lines with AT&T. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Santokiya wrote:

I think they are upset about the deception in their campaign and/or sales reps.  I was even told by a sales rep that I would receive the difference if my bogo phone was paid off early.  They would still be making money by retaining customers if they just honored what was supposedly advertised instead of pointing at the fine print and saying, "We gotcha!! Ha ha ha!"  I have since canceled my phone lines with AT&T.

Since every BOGO promotion includes the wording I marked in red.....

IMG_6394.JPG

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

Once again, that is something, when talking to a sales rep on the phone or in person, that should be pointed out. There is no need for bullying money from customers. They saved $300 by disallowing me the rest of my “BOGO”. I paid about $200/month. They lost me as a customer. Was that $300 really worth losing $2,400 annually? I’m sure I wasn’t the only customer to leave AT&T. It’s about the deceptive advertising. You’re defense is, “You, as a consumer, should know better.” My opinion is that a large corporation like AT&T doesn’t have to resort to this type of advertising.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I've had the same issue, they finally credited the payments made on the "free" phone, but then we were making installments of $26.50 on the purchased phone & only crediting $23.17 for the "free" phone. It turns out that they will only cover up to $650.00 on some phones & up to $750.00 on Samsung phones. We purchased just the model phones depicted in the ad, but after being credited $49.95 for the first 15 months, we have to pay the remaining $49.95 for the "free" phone. I thought "FREE" meant "FREE"....

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

@lindylou961 wrote:

I've had the same issue, they finally credited the payments made on the "free" phone, but then we were making installments of $26.50 on the purchased phone & only crediting $23.17 for the "free" phone. It turns out that they will only cover up to $650.00 on some phones & up to $750.00 on Samsung phones. We purchased just the model phones depicted in the ad, but after being credited $49.95 for the first 15 months, we have to pay the remaining $49.95 for the "free" phone. I thought "FREE" meant "FREE"....

This is why we keep saying “read the offer”, “read the fine print”. All offers are on the base model.  If you get more storage or a Plus size, you pay the difference.   

Actually, ATT has been using the “Buy one, Gift one” phrase.  

77584D6A-2957-41C9-8453-8EF3E49460F1.jpeg453828A6-F531-4AAF-9F25-60741851A18D.jpegF366769C-BE2D-41E2-A164-A4FAAE33AD4B.png

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

We didn't get any extra internal storage because we purchased sd cards & they weren't "plus", just the exact phones in the advertisement.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

@lindylou961

Since your getting $695 in credits, I’m going to take a wild guess that you bought android phones in August.  I recall the android BOGO offered several android phones, maximum credit was $695.  Even if you bought the $850 Note.  

I know it’s getting old, but my mantra is “read the offer”, “read the fine print”.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@lindylou961

Since your getting $695 in credits, I’m going to take a wild guess that you bought android phones in August.  I recall the android BOGO offered several android phones, maximum credit was $695.  Even if you bought the $850 Note.  

Usually, the cheapest phone in the list is free. If you get one of the others it's not. But they're not advertising the more  expensive ones, they're advertising the cheaper ones.  

With an iPhone 8 BOGO, when you read the offer you can get the 8 or the Plus and you can get them in larger sizes too but it's clear the maximum refund is the price of the base unit. You don't know you can even get the other options unless you read it.

I know it’s getting old, but my mantra is “read the offer”, “read the fine print”.  

It never gets old. 

In the free phone details (max ca$h amount) are usually up high in the advertisement, above the fold, it's not like you need the super-fine print for it. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

@lizdance40 wrote:

@lindylou961

Usually, the cheapest phone in the list is free. If you get one of the others it's not. But they're not advertising the more  expensive ones, they're advertising the cheaper ones.  

With an iPhone 8 BOGO, when you read the offer you can get the 8 or the Plus and you can get them in larger sizes too but it's clear the maximum refund is the price of the base unit. You don't know you can even get the other options unless you read it.

It never gets old. 

In the free phone details (max ca$h amount) are usually up high in the advertisement, above the fold, it's not like you need the super-fine print for it. 

Figures you would say so, since you ALWAYS say, “read the offer”.   I’m just not sure others appreciate it as much as we do.   🤷🏼‍♀️

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.