Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Tuesday, May 17th, 2016 7:28 PM

AT&T does not honor its promotional BOGO offer.

Mid december 2015 i was given a promotional BOGO offer by customer retention team.
I was told that they will be charging for both the lines for 3 months and on 4th month i'll get the credit and later on it will be just one phone charge.
It NEVER happened and as of now i have called them 14 times since March 2016 but no resolution....
Their argument is that this offer was only for the new customer or if you upgrade your line and i did neither.
My question is that if i was not eligible how come they offered me this promotion at first place???i originally had no idea about this promotion and never asked for any promotions but rather ATT rep. gave me this offer upfront when i called them in dec 2015.

If this was a mistake from their side why should i pay for their mistakes...ATT makes the terms/conditions ....ATT gives the offer and later ATT denies the same offer...how silly is that.....

I had better offer from T-Mobile but since i was given this offer i decided to stick with ATT and this was biggest mistake of my life...they are the liars and cheaters...i dont know where to escalate this issue.......

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, I opened 2 lines.

My "free" phone was of lesser value than the phone purchased on installment plan.

BOGO: iPhone 6S

Paid: iPhone 6S Plus

30 months.

I was informed that I could still receive the credits every month after I paid off the remaining balance of the phones. 

Therefore, I paid the remaining balance of the phones.  I was later told that I would receive no credits and lost my

BOGO.  Essentially meaining, I paid thousands of dollars to leave Sprint and allow AT&T to financially ***.

I only want my BOGO credits.  It is the reason I changed to AT&T in the first place.  However, AT&T refuses to honor

what the sales reps promised when I signed over my hard earned money. 

I am not asking for anything extra.  I am only asking for what was promised to me in the form of credits.  I am not even

asking for cash.  Yet, AT&T refuses.

You are correct.  People should read the fine print when signing on.  It is very naive to believe anything that AT&T sales reps

say.  We should just assume that everything AT&T says is a lie unless it is written in the contract.  We should hire a lawyer to

go over the contract before signing if we do not have the time to read over the details.  We should not trust any of the customer

service reps, managers, retention reps, or any representative of AT&T. 

We should read through all of the legal fine print ourselves and sign at our own risk.

As a matter of fact we cannot even sue AT&T because there is a clause that states we can only take AT&T into arbitration.

In essence, AT&T is a crooked company and cannot be trusted to deliver good service (my Uverse goes out at least twice

a day), my phone service is not that much better (if better at all) than Sprint was, and for what?  To pay more than double

the cost. 

I know there is very little I can do to damage your company, but I will for sure tell everyone I know not

to use your service.  You keep screwing over enough of your loyal customers (Wireless for only 1 year but Uverse for over 5 years and my parents and brothers have had your service for decades) and eventually you will lose enough of your customers

to make a difference. 

[Inappropriate content removed]

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Santokiya wrote:

I was informed that I could still receive the credits every month after I paid off the remaining balance of the phones. 

Therefore, I paid the remaining balance of the phones.  I was later told that I would receive no credits and lost my

BOGO. 

Obviously, that was bad info 😞

Did you ever get any credits?

@Santokiya wrote:
You are correct.  People should read the fine print when signing on. 

People should read the print for any kind of offer anywhere!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Santokiya

You can pay off the "buy one" phone, but not the "get one"

Read about Bill Credit in the fine print below.  

You would have to reinstate the installments to get your credits back.

IMG_4904.PNG

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

Sales reps should also be held accountable for misleading information in order to close a sale.  If there are a large

number of customers who feel like they were misled then that means they should probably re-think how they are

presenting information.  It isn't very ethical. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

They never even told me that it was possible to reinstate my installments on that phone.  I probably would have done that

(begrudgingly but still would have been willing to maintain my account).  Not so much now.  It's funny how you customer

service reps think all of the customers complaining are crazy. The customers wouldn't be complaining if the company you work for honored what was conveyed in their ads and by the sales reps.

Now, my account is flagged (suspiciously no chat available now and my request for unlocking my devices (paid off devices) has been denied twice)  So now you are making it difficult for me to cancel my wireless account now.  This has to be a form of harrassment.  I just want out and AT&T is not allowing me to opt out.  This is exactly the kind of unprofessional behavior

that really makes AT&T pale in comparison to Verizon.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Santokiya wrote:

Sales reps should also be held accountable for misleading information in order to close a sale.  If there are a large number of customers who feel like they were misled then that means they should probably re-think how they are presenting information.  It isn't very ethical. 

And that's exactly why YOU need to read the offer...

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

That's exactly why AT&T should monitor or train their sales reps better.  It's dishonest. 

You keep making it out to be everyone's fault except for AT&T. A company of this magnitude

shouldn't have to resort to these types of business practice. 

[Inappropriate content removed]

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Santokiya wrote:

That's exactly why AT&T should monitor or train their sales reps better.  It's dishonest. 

You keep making it out to be everyone's fault except for AT&T.

The people giving information out that's incorrect are wrong, if they're doing it on purpose they're scum.

But they're not going to be reading this sentence, so what's the point of even talking about them? 

If adults choose to commit to an offer with $600+ dollars on the line with a 24-30 months commitment and not even bother to look at the offer, they get some of the blame. In most cases they spent longer creating their forum account (just to complain) than they did reading the offer. 

There is going to be a few hoops to jump though, (if nothing else) just read it to make sure you get them right. And you'd discover if you're getting the right info at the same time. 

They all want to blame the salesperson, who did a poor job (or an evil one), but the salespeople aren't posting here, there people who didn't read the offer are the ones here. If the salespeople posted what they did I'd scold them. I also didn't participate in the conversation between them so I can't discuss what happened in the conversation, I don't have those facts. 

I do know when people don't read the offer they get screwed either by themselves or by someone else.

Anyone who comes he asking about the offers IN ADVANCE, I tell them to read the offer 3 different times in the post and follow the steps carefully. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I am in the same situation. We purchased two iPhone 6 Plus's December 2015 (after being up-sold from the iPhone 6) as well as an iPad Pro and iPad Mini. I know it's almost two years later, but I just realized after reviewing the bill once the iPad Pro was paid off, they never applied the BOGO. Now after talking to one CS agent and submitting a case and also talking to another manager, I find out the BOGO never even applied for my phones! The CS agent on September 5th looked in the archives and even reassured me saying my phones were covered. If it a criminal case that I have to file, I will. I've been with AT&T for years and this is a pretty disrespectful way of treating their customers.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I am in the same situation. We purchased two iPhone 6 Plus's December 2015 (after being up-sold from the iPhone 6) as well as an iPad Pro and iPad Mini. I know it's almost two years later, but I just realized after reviewing the bill once the iPad Pro was paid off, they never applied the BOGO. Now after talking to one CS agent and submitting a case and also talking to another manager, I find out the BOGO never even applied for my phones! The CS agent on September 5th looked in the archives and even reassured me saying my phones were covered. If it a criminal case that I have to file, I will. I've been with AT&T for years and this is a pretty disrespectful way of treating their customers.

MSGT/USAF

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.