Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Tuesday, May 17th, 2016 7:28 PM

AT&T does not honor its promotional BOGO offer.

Mid december 2015 i was given a promotional BOGO offer by customer retention team.
I was told that they will be charging for both the lines for 3 months and on 4th month i'll get the credit and later on it will be just one phone charge.
It NEVER happened and as of now i have called them 14 times since March 2016 but no resolution....
Their argument is that this offer was only for the new customer or if you upgrade your line and i did neither.
My question is that if i was not eligible how come they offered me this promotion at first place???i originally had no idea about this promotion and never asked for any promotions but rather ATT rep. gave me this offer upfront when i called them in dec 2015.

If this was a mistake from their side why should i pay for their mistakes...ATT makes the terms/conditions ....ATT gives the offer and later ATT denies the same offer...how silly is that.....

I had better offer from T-Mobile but since i was given this offer i decided to stick with ATT and this was biggest mistake of my life...they are the liars and cheaters...i dont know where to escalate this issue.......

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

As long as we admit ATT has some fixing to do.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

As long as we admit ATT has some fixing to do.

I agree.

But who's best interest is it to make sure the steps of the terms are being followed?

• What percentage of the complaints here of BOGO would have gone better if people read the page with the offer and terms? 80%? 90%?
  • Same question for switcher? 60%?  70%?  
    Maybe a little higher, because I think some would have chosen NOT to do it.
    (I think the switcher is harder, especially if the company has EFT and Phone payments, and that detail is buried too deep!)

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

"No it's not binding. There is absolutely no such thing as a verbal agreement or contract. This does not exist."... you need to do some reading on the subject.

Verbal agreements and contracts do exist and are binding, just hard to prove, and prone to complications, obviously.

But that's getting a little off topic, The question seems to be whether a sales rep can modify an offer, And the answer to that is yes they can.

Sellers as well as buyers have responsibilities. Actually sellers have more of a burden, although of course buyer beware.

In my case, the fact is that the seller inappropriately or mistakenly changed that installment price on the phone, assuring me that it would qualify. That is more than adequate. And sellers certainly are responsible for their errors or omissions. Misleading information or intentional misleading is yet another topic that is even a step beyond with regard to accountability.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@sosadaaty wrote:

Verbal agreements and contracts do exist and are binding, just hard to prove, and prone to complications, obviously.

Which is why it's best to stick to the written terms...

But that's getting a little off topic, The question seems to be whether a sales rep can modify an offer, And the answer to that is yes they can.

An offer? I can see a salesperson selling me a $40 case for $30. But they (generally) aren't going to have the power to modify some corperation offer that has very specific requirements that requires corporate to credit your account every month. No one is going to check your account for the exceptions every month.

I wouldn't think a sales person would even have much ability to modify a one time offer that requires a mail-in rebate (remember the old days) if it doesn't match the requirements. Not saying it wouldn't happen, but I wouldn't count on that either.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Before originally posting I spent a considerable amount of time reading through so many bogo posts/complaints, obviously more exist than any person would have time or the willingness to read, but enough to conclude that there is a serious problem and liability associated with the bogo offer, related to how it was sold, and the subsequent way at&t has been handling the fallout. Any attempt to excuse and not take responsibility is just bad business. Sales and Support reps should not mislead, misinform, and should certainly be resonsponsible for reconciling any damage related to their errors. My case was simple. I knew it, but was just curious as to what type of response I'd receive by posting it here, receiving feedback, none of which was helpful, and more noteably critical. In my case, all the conditions for the bogo offer were met, the problem was the sales rep made an error (hopefully not intentionally) by applying a customer loyalty/retention discount that eventually, 5 months later, was finally used as a disqualifier. Even at the time of the sale I questioned whether or not the discount would impact any conditions relative to the bogo offer and was assured that it was allowed and would have no impact. And then even subsequently, at month 3 and again at month 4, the case and sales conditions were reviewed by at&t trained staff, only to reassure me the I should and will be receiving installment credits as well as reimbursement. So for anyone to to say or suggest that a customer should know better, my goodness... know better than at&t trained support and sales staff, and to not believe or trust anything that they may happen to say... no this is just more of the same pattern that so many have become so upset about.

This is the end on my posting here. After more than 20 years with at&t, this was the first time utilizing this forum, and will most likely be the last. Just thought I'd give it a try, and I hope that knowing more about my experience may help others in some way.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

I too am going through a similar issue.  I just want them to honor the one phone and they won't. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

Yeah, AT&T CHOOSES to engage in deceptive business practices.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Santokiya wrote:

I too am going through a similar issue.  I just want them to honor the one phone and they won't. 

@Santokiya

If you have noticed the common reason for not getting credits, is that the conditions for the Bogo were not met.  Either purchases was not made during the BOGO sale period, wrong phones were purchased, line was not added, or phones were not purchased on installment plan.  

All conditions must be met to get credits.

Did you add a line for the free phone?

When did you buy each phone?

Which phones did you buy?

What installment plan term length? (It's in the bill)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

WOW! It'sounds like I wrote this post. Having same problem. Calling every month since Oct 2016 and still they haven't resolved the issue.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Dchristenson wrote:
WOW! It'sounds like I wrote this post. Having same problem. Calling every month since Oct 2016 and still they haven't resolved the issue.

@Dchristenson   

Read my post just before yours and answer the same questions.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.