A
Anonymous
20th Community Anniversary
Mission control approves!
Helpful 2

• 

25.7K Messages

Tuesday, May 17th, 2016 7:28 PM

AT&T does not honor its promotional BOGO offer.

Mid december 2015 i was given a promotional BOGO offer by customer retention team.
I was told that they will be charging for both the lines for 3 months and on 4th month i'll get the credit and later on it will be just one phone charge.
It NEVER happened and as of now i have called them 14 times since March 2016 but no resolution....
Their argument is that this offer was only for the new customer or if you upgrade your line and i did neither.
My question is that if i was not eligible how come they offered me this promotion at first place???i originally had no idea about this promotion and never asked for any promotions but rather ATT rep. gave me this offer upfront when i called them in dec 2015.

If this was a mistake from their side why should i pay for their mistakes...ATT makes the terms/conditions ....ATT gives the offer and later ATT denies the same offer...how silly is that.....

I had better offer from T-Mobile but since i was given this offer i decided to stick with ATT and this was biggest mistake of my life...they are the liars and cheaters...i dont know where to escalate this issue.......

ACE - Sage

• 

105.5K Messages

6 years ago

This IS that thread(page 2 now).  So back in May you complained support reached out to you (post 2 in the thread) and because you weren't eligible I am assuming support denied the credits.  

Creating a new profile and rehashing isn't going to change the requirements of the BOGO, which were not met.  

http://about.att.com/story/two_for_one_deal_on_popular_smartphones.html

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Agree it is Scam...I am also facing same issue. It is SCAM SCAM SCAM i am fillling consumer complaint against ATT and looking all option open for this. Best Buy and ATT make people misguided so that constmer will go back and forth with them without any solution

I am fillling consumer complaint against ATT and Best Buy.

Regards

Niteen

ACE - Sage

• 

105.5K Messages

6 years ago

@nitin.p.1

It was not a scam.  But the requirements had to be met to get the credits applied.  

The line for the free phone had to be new to ATT.

Both phone's had to be eligible and the same manufacturer.

The free phone had to be financed with Next, for a required length of time.

If you didn't get the credits, you must not have met the requirements.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Please read post above and reply from me with ATT Care. I meet all requirement and they agreed on that. Don;t put comment without understanding and reading forum. I think people like you shouldn;t be on this forum as you are putting baseless comment and misguiding forum reader.

Any way i will be looking other option to see how this issue can be taken up

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

It happened to me July 2016....Switching from Verizon to AT&T .... BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!!!!! The rep lied about the BOGO free offer just to make a sale and AT&T condones this !!!! Once these phones/tablets are free and CLEAR.... I'm switching carriers!!!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

105.5K Messages

6 years ago

@AnonyME

ATT does not condone lying, but they can only deal with their own employees.  Which means only dealing with ATT corporate stores.

I don't know what lie could be told about the BOGO. It was a simple offer.  As new customers all you had to do is buy 2 qualifying phones on Next installments for 30 months payments.

If you didn't buy 2 qualifying phones, or did not use Next 24 (30 payments) then you would not get automatic credits.

http://about.att.com/story/getting_a_free_att_smartphone_is_easy.html

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

If AT&T DOES NOT honor what ITS employees sell customers , then they DO CONDONE lying. I PURCHASED 2 iPhones (6s /6sPlus) and 2 iPad minis, I PORTED ALL 4 lines from Verizon to AT&T. I lost my iPhone 6 and called AT&T to inquire what new offers /plans were available . The rep"Lam" told me I could upgrade to the iPhone 6s and also informed me if I purchased an additional phone it would be virtually free after making 2 payments.... I purchased the iPhone 6sPlus and the iPhone 6s. Now, 5 months later and a monthly bill of $275 I'm told those 2 phones were not a part of this offer. I've spoken with multiple reps and supervisors and have been told multiple explanations, some in my favor, others not. The last supervisor attempted to charge me the balance on lesser phone for $650 and credit my account to rectify the situation. I was told it would take 24-48 hrs, that did not happen . I was told that was declined when it went wherever it was supposed to be approved. I also spent close to $1200 closing out Verizon and it took FOREVER again after repeated calls to AT&T to finally receive a measly $420.... this cell company has been completely disingenuous regarding my situation and there's nothing I can do about it but pay the phones in full and find another cell phone service. I would never recommend this company EVER!!!!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

105.5K Messages

6 years ago

I've looked every where and cannot find an iPhone BOGO in July.  (June, yes, August, yes) The employee who sold you the phones should have know that.  I'm glad someone tried to help you, but not surprised it failed.  The BOGO were sponsored by each manufacturer, which is why 2 of the same brand were required.  

The switch offer is a 2 part reimbursement.  If one line you were switching had a broken phone or no phone at all, you would get nothing for trade in or final credits on that line.  You have to have a working phone in good condition to trade in to get reimbursed.  So you screwed yourself over on that one.  For the record, this is ever carriers rule, not just ATT. 

Your cheapest option was just to buy another iPhone 6 for Verizon.   

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I'm not interested in going back and forth with you. Unless u are the CEO of AT&T and choose to discuss this with me personally so that u have ALL the facts of my individual experience ...you Enjoy your AT&T service, GOODBYE.

ACE - Sage

• 

105.5K Messages

6 years ago

This is a community forum, not ATT support.  Here, you get customers, not usually ATT employees and definitely not the CEO.

At the very least you should take a nugget of knowledge away that you didn't have when you arrived.  If you think ATT operates differently than the others you're in for a surprise when you switch again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.