A
Anonymous
20th Community Anniversary
Mission control approves!
Helpful 2

• 

25.7K Messages

Tuesday, May 17th, 2016 7:28 PM

AT&T does not honor its promotional BOGO offer.

Mid december 2015 i was given a promotional BOGO offer by customer retention team.
I was told that they will be charging for both the lines for 3 months and on 4th month i'll get the credit and later on it will be just one phone charge.
It NEVER happened and as of now i have called them 14 times since March 2016 but no resolution....
Their argument is that this offer was only for the new customer or if you upgrade your line and i did neither.
My question is that if i was not eligible how come they offered me this promotion at first place???i originally had no idea about this promotion and never asked for any promotions but rather ATT rep. gave me this offer upfront when i called them in dec 2015.

If this was a mistake from their side why should i pay for their mistakes...ATT makes the terms/conditions ....ATT gives the offer and later ATT denies the same offer...how silly is that.....

I had better offer from T-Mobile but since i was given this offer i decided to stick with ATT and this was biggest mistake of my life...they are the liars and cheaters...i dont know where to escalate this issue.......

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

The retailer store gave me the BOGO deal but neglected to say I had to activate a new line. When the phone payments kept showing up on my account I called and went into the store several time adn they kept pacifying me by saying they will credit the payments back to me. after four months, I starting taking this seriously adn complaining and calling everyone. The store manager Joe Steele said they made a mistake and they would take care of it adn call me. Another lie! Now, they are saying I was told I didn't qualify for the offer and I wanted to spend $750 each, $1,500, for my phones....UNTRUE! I would NEVER AGREE TO THIS!  

ACE - Sage

• 

105.5K Messages

6 years ago

@bthornton84 wrote:

I've called them and proven my case and shown my receipts. I met every qualification for the promo including my wife having to cancel her phone number and activate a new number to qualify. I have opened 2 separate tickets with AT&T and they have pretty much said too bad. I told them they could give me a $30 credit every month for the next 2 years. I don't care I just wanted them to honor what I was sold. However they have refused to do so. My wife is not from where we live so she lost precious contact with people who only had her old number to contact her. We could have kept her old number and just upgraded her phone if we wanted to pay for both of the phones like AT&T is making us do. 

@bthornton84

The intent was for AT&T to add a new line of service for a new customer, which you did an end run around, by canceling a line and adding a line - not bringing a new service to AT&T at all.

You did NOT meet all requirements of the promotion.  Had you truly added a new line, ATT might have made some offer, but you cheated the promo.

So Lets go back to what you LOST.  You paid for 2 phones and got 2 phones.  If you paid for 2 and got one, then you would have a valid complaint.  

Last.  The S7 promotion in March was for a total on $595.  No way were you ever getting any where near $30 credit.  

All ATT offers are in print.

image.png

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

The retailers probably have a quota or something and will do anything to meet it, or work on commission. I can't imagine being so sneaky and deceitful just to sell a phone! But they did... at MY expense. The retailer can do whatever they want with no recourse for the poor suckers (like me) who believe what they say. I was ripped off by AT&T retail store in Florence, OR by Simon

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

@bthornton84 I know, they will say anything to make a sale. I didn't need to change my phone either, it worked perfectly... I was lead to believe I was getting a deal so did it. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

it's easy for them to come back later and say... "we post the qualifications" for the offer. However, when you are at teh store and talking to an agent... you believe what he says and don't feel teh need to also read what he is explaining to you. He dicussed how teh BOGO worked adn details about how the free phone would show up on my account. When I returned to ask why I was being charged for the phone each month, Simon and the other agents said... "it takes up to three months for the BOGO to show up on your account". I believed him again and again. Now, he tells the corporate office that he didn't offer me the BOGO, that I wanted to spend $1,500 on phones!!!! This  kid goes to the same school as my son.... shame on you Simon! Sham on YOU AT&T. Unethical and just plan nasty are how I discribe my time with AT&T. 

Consumer reports and BBB next! 

The Hello VERIZON! They have a better network anyway. 

I was an ATT customer for decades so I see how this works and how much my patronage meant to them. Based on their willingness to lie for a buck, I don't believe it will be long before they face the same fate as MCI (another terrible wireless company that when belly up because of back service and unethical practices). 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I'm going to look into this as well and I have copied all convos. What gets me is that Joe Steele the acting manager and others there, told me that I was not the only one this had happened to when at the retailer a few days ago... so instead of the owner of this retail establishment (att retail store) owning up to their employee mistakes and honoring what they promised... he lies. He knows this leaves me with no recourse. I won't go down without a fight!!! they picked the wrong person to screw over! 

ACE - Sage

• 

105.5K Messages

6 years ago

@lied2byTHEM

ATT has a significant problem with training, most noticable in the past 2 years.  I have dealt with it myself.  The only reason I haven't had a problem is 1.  Haven't been eligible or tried for a big promotion. 2.  I know what I'm doing before I ask.  

I totally agree that employees should be better trained.  Non ATT stores may work on commission, we are told corporate store employees are not.   Know they are all required to "suggestive sell".  If you ever worked for a fast food place, you know the term, "do you want fries with that?"   

Best option is speak with your wallet.  Verizon is priced about the same.  Other carriers are cheaper.   Please note they all offer deals that are just as detailed and picky.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

@Rachelsav I am going thru the same thing as you, the agent admits making a mistake and so does the acting manager until I take it to corporate. The corporate office, Rico Griffin, reported to me today that the agent at the ATT authorized store now says he signed me up as an upgrade and not a BOGO. I was only in there for one reason... the BOGO. my phone was perfectly fine and I only changed it because I was getting the deal. I new believe the agent purposely took adavantage of me to get his commission or quota. Intentionally intented to disceive me and falsely represent and solicit a product for his benefit. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

It is scam I too experience the same and currrently going to same stress. I am not sure how this will solve. Looking at the forum it is clear tht ATT is misguiding and doing big scam. Really pathatic way of handling and dealing with customer. Please let me know how my problem of BOGO offer which ATT is denying will be resolved

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I am facing the same issue with ATT and still didn't get their Dec 2015 BOGO promise fullfilled. Couple of ATT chat representatives and the store associate i checked mentioned i am eligible for this offer. I have those chat conversations E-mailed to my id.  I don't have any hopes or trust on ATT or his associates that they will fullfill their promise. I feel it looks like ATT intentionally cheated did this scam to boost their sales and claiming it as Mis-communication or Improper training.

Below is my thread on this issue.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Account-Questions/AT-amp-T-does-not-honor-its-promotional-BOGO-offer/m-p/4820362

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.