Need help understanding your bill?
berny710's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, October 30th, 2020 2:30 PM

AT&T customers that have Puerto Rico area code but reside in the states

What will happen with AT&T customers that reside in any of the 50 states, their billing address is in the states, but maintain a number with a Puerto Rico area code?

That in the scope that AT&T sell its operation in Puerto Rico  to another company.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Interesting question. I would expect your billing address is what determines whether or not your account moves to Liberty, not the phone number. I would expect nothing changes for you.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Still not a clear answer from AT&T

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

The account transfer to Liberty happened last week and actually, many accounts were erroneously transferred. So what happened with your account? Did your account move to Liberty or not? If it didn’t, you have your answer. If it did and hasn’t been transferred back yet, you’ll have to call.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Well long story short. AT&T in fact transfer my account to Liberty Puerto Rico. The excuse of Liberty was place of use of the lines and address of billing, as a curious note all my lines are in Texas since 2 years ago and my billing address is in Texas. When I tried to get my account back to AT&T, Liberty was no help and won’t allowed it. So I end cancelling my account, loosing my more than 15 years old number because AT&T is not accepting 787 or 939 area codes number, and open a new one on AT&T.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I ran into the same scenario. Initially I had called customer service back in October and they ensured me I would not be impacted.  But same as described above, my account was transfered to Liberty even having a CT address for the past 9 years almost. Went to store and they were no help. I can't see why I can't keep my number I've had for the past 18 years. Makes no sense in an age where numbers can be transfered from carrier to carrier. 

I am done... Would love to stick with ATT but they are not giving a choice. Moving to another provider this week

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

3 years ago

@alaboy79 AT&T doesn't provide service in Puerto Rico, so it can't assign a Puerto Rico number. You'll run into the same issue with many other providers. 

It might be easiest to port your number to Google Voice and get a new number with AT&T.  You can then point Google Voice to your new number. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have in the same account 2 florida numbers and 2 PR numbers, they transferred everything and no ine can help

me move this FL numbers to ATT!

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

AT&T must support and port numbers starting with 787 for non-Puerto Rico residents. If you agree, please upvote this post. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Hi I not understand why AT&T not want to transfer the numbers. We pay in the bill for that is part of the portability charge for the FCC. 
A friend has the number 787 in Sprint USA , she move to AT&T and the guy say can’t move the number. 
I have a AT&T prepaid USA for about 2 or 3 years and they move my 787 ( I have this for 21 years ) from Tmobile PR. 

I will move out of Prepaid to regular account but if this happens I prefer use any company can port 787 numbers. 

Dear , AT&T We have a reason why we keep that number and some, as in my case, it is for the safety of my son.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

@squ

There's nothing AT&T can do if it no longer owns those phone numbers because they have a Puerto Rican area code.  

@Davidrosario1

AT&T has no choice. It's sold all of its Puerto Rican phone numbers to Liberty. Your only option is to change phone numbers before they got transferred.

It seems you are at least ten months too late.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.