For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
E

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, March 21st, 2021 2:45 AM

Closed

ATT Business Executive Made Mistakes on My Plan After FCC Complaint about Being Mislead on My Upgrades

(Business Account) I went into a Corporate Owned Store (5608 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE 19803) before Christmas to upgrade 2 phones, the corporate store sales rep, David Ickle (or something like that), told me if I upgrade 4 lines and add 2 apple watches my bill would only increase $40. I thought this to be too good to be true, he promised me they have all these credits and promos and he can't believe it either. Come to get my bill and it was all false. He somehow credited me back some money and told me get back to him after the next bill if there are issues and he would fix it. 

Sure enough, next bill comes and it's wrong, I call him and he no longer works at AT&T. I filed an FCC complaint which a corporate officer called me to fix the issue. He credited me money to take care of the last bill that was way over and help with the costs. He then said he could change my plans that do not use hotspot to lower Starter plans to get me where the rep told me I would be price wise, which I accepted just to get this over with as it was eating up entirely too much time between phone calls to customer service agents and filing FCC complaints, now to have multiple conversations with AT&T corporate office reps.

The corporate office rep then went and changed my plans, yet he changed the wrong numbers plans. He changed the main lines I use for internet/hotspot to starter and left the Unlimited Elite on the plans that never use hotspot, the exact opposite of what we had discussed on the phone, costing me to lose all my hotspot on the phones I conduct business with while I travel. This cost me a lot of money as I was on the road and went to use my hotspot, and there was none. Also, I went to check and I no longer have 100GB mobile hotspot, it is now 30GB.

I had to log into my phone on your app  to change my plans from Starter to Elite so I could use my mobile hotspot as needed, I the changed my other lines to Starter to get them where they were supposed to be. This was done today, to which it now says my bill will be almost $500 from here on out. My bill was $280 before I walked into the store, $373 after I left, and now $457. What is going on over there AT&T? 

I have filed a new FCC complaint and I hope to hear from someone, preferable someone who will change my plans back to 100GB hotspot, all of my phones, just like before this guy touched them, and provide credits to my account to make right what your corporate store sales rep, who was most likely fired for lying to customers, told me my bill would be when I in good conscience, trusted an AT&T corporate store rep to lead me in the right direction.

I run a business and I don't have time to play these games with my cell phones for service I have been paying for no questions asked for years.

I would also like to add that I worked for an AT&T agent in the Philly market at KOP for over 9 years and I know all these mistakes of reps promising customers credits and bill amounts that are false are no coincidence, especially during the holiday's when it's a sales frenzy. 

Please have someone contact me ASAP to rectify this as I rely heavily on these hotspots to run my business. I also hope to discuss how AT&T plans to make right the promises of not only a sales rep, but a corporate office business officer. 

Thank You

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

This is a customer populated forum not not AT&T. No one is going to contact you 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

Also have never seen a 100gb hotspot 

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

I posted it here and linked ATT to it from facebook so they could read it. There is one, it's business only: https://www.business.att.com/products/unlimited-mobile-rate-plan.html

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

3 years ago

Credits on promotions take 3 months.  Always do the math yourself, and ask questions.  Pretty apparent the person who sold you on the $40 increase failed math.  2 watches is a $10 plus tax increase for service, plus installment on at least one, if not both watches.  Possible activation fees of $30.  Then upgrades on phones too?

Why wouldn't the bill go up?

Did you read the detailed billing for accuracy? 

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

I assure you, I asked multiple times about the bill only going up $40 and was assured it would be only $40. I called him when it wasn't correct, he fixed something that bill, called the next bill and he is no longer working at att. (wonder why).

He showed me contracts with numbers on them and that's exactly what he said "These numbers are only now, not after your credits come in after a few billing cycles." 

"Did I read the detailed billing for accuracy" I read the forms put in front of me and then took the information provided to me by the agent with a level of trust that what he said would come to fruition since I was in a corporate location, which I specifically went to because I know to avoid agent locations.

There's nothing you're going to say that makes this right in the side of what the AT&T sales rep who sold the phones to me said, and how the corporate officer incorrectly changed my plans deleting hotspot on the phone I told him I needed it the most.

I was in the cell phone business from comcast metrophone when I used to program startacs with 13 zeros, all the way though the AT&T merger/buyout fiasco with those GAIT phones for both networks up until selling iPhones and being top 10 in sales sitting in private boxes with phil stoops at phillies and sixers games.

What I was told in the AT&T store was a complete and utter lie. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

3 years ago

He showed me contracts with numbers on them and that's exactly what he said "These numbers are only now, not after your credits come in after a few billing cycles."

Okay, yes, credits on promotions take 3 months, sometimes 4, to the date of purchase.  With missing credits once they start.   What date did you purchase?   

What were the requirements for the promotion you took part in? Was it a trade-in promotion? A buy one get one promotion?   

I know there was a buy one get one for smart watches.   What about phones?

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

I went into the store to upgrade 2 of my phone to iPhone 12 Pro Max and that was it. After sitting down and talking to the rep he told me since I have 4 iphone 8's that are trade in eligible, I should trade them all in because the deals where so good that I would only go up $5 per month per phone after all the BOGO's and extra credits they're giving away to business customers. He then asked about apple watches because they had a BOGO on those as well where the first watch is full price, the second one free as long as I go with a $10 a month plan on both watches. That's where the $40 came into play (plus tax but we all know taxes are on top of anything which doesn't need to be said).

He said I'd get the $700 trade in credit per line, plus for some reason business customers were getting waived activation fee's plus an additional $150 off for any upgrades. 

He sounded shocked at what his system was kicking out (which I couldn't see of course) about the discounts. I asked him multiple times "This all sounds too good to be true, are you 100% sure you know what you're looking at before I go through with this" He assured me he's been in the business a long time, we even had the same managers but at different times and we knew some of the same people since I was in the ATT sphere so long and so was he.

I said "OK, hope you're right because I don't want to go through fighting over bills" as I knew what that meant if he was wrong (hours on the phone).

I did the deal, got my first bill, it was high, he fixed it. Got my second bill, it was high, called and he was fired. Got my 3rd bill it was $40 more than he said, called and complained, they gave me a one bill credit of $400. (Which IMO is no good as that covers roughly 10 months of our original deal with the rep and I'd be on the hook for thousands after that once those credits run out)

They offered to take my watches back, but not my phones, so any way I cut it, I was screwed out of money because the rep lied to me, or didn't know how to do his job. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for relevant details. 

So far, I'm not convinced everything isn't running as it should, except the credits didn't cover as much as the math calculated.  Your first two bills after the upgraded phones and adding the watches should have been higher. Credits take 3 months, it's SOP. 

So in the end the difference is $40 more than he estimated?  

You're getting credits on the phones and one watch - yes? 

And what is the $40 difference?  It's not your plan, because that was the same till you changed it to make the plan cheaper.  

*   Are the phone credits falling short of what you expected?   The credit is a fixed amount, ($700, $800 or $1000 credits only) if you chose a storage option, or the pro max version, which is more expensive than the Baseline iPhone, you pay the difference.  

*    Are you being charged for 'next up' which is a $5 fee on each line, that would add up to $20 over your expected charges?   If you upgrade every 2 years or sooner, it would have to be added as the new installment terms are 30 - 36 months unless you pay for the early upgrade privileges.  (thank T-Mobile for that one) 

If one or both of the * items are the $40 difference, your salesman may have messed up in math or reading, but it seems you got the credits as you should.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.