For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Anjaliks's profile

1 Message

Friday, February 23rd, 2024 9:06 PM

ATT billed me $250+ for international calls and got to know it only in the next bill.

I called ATT to check an additional charge on my recent billing cycle ($250+). I did not realize I made an international call until I got my credit card charged with the bill. I didn't even receive an alert or text message (except for an SMS after 2 days of calling and after the billing cycle which said I am charged $100 for International calling, note that this wasn't even the actual amount). So I immediately called ATT and raised my concern to which they said I should have called earlier so they could have added international calling plan ($15) to my plan to the backtracked date before the billing cycle. How would I do that if i am not informed about it before my billing. 

I called the billing dept, spoke to 3 folks (support person, their boss and their boss's boss) and I would like to say this is the workst customer service I have come across. They offer $50 credit and with each higher authority, the credit will go up $50. One of them even asked me to take the $100 credit and be happy with it and the Zayn shouted at me for asking to connect to their Manager!!! 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

2 months ago

It's not AT&T's responsibility to tell you that you're calling internationally. You should know that when you make the call. As a courtesy, AT&T let you know that you had racked up over $100 in charges so you could change something if you chose to. You should have taken the $100 credit been happy with it. Hopefully you at least added an international plan now so this won't happen again!

Your only hope now is filing a BBB complaint. Those get escalated and the person who responds might be able to offer something more to your liking.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 months ago

Agree with @MicCheck 

You should know that your AT&T plan covers domestic calls (nationwide) 

You certainly must have known a number isn't domestic and plan on long distance charges.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.