Need help understanding your bill?
Boomerismy1's profile

• 

8 Messages

Friday, December 23rd, 2022 9:13 PM

AT&T and Sam's Club

Simular situation here.  Was told one thing that never happened.   Called the # listed in this area and they are crediting me $620, too bad it's still $600 short over the 36 months I am now locked into.  They like to grab the elderly, like myself, and flip thru everything on the screen lightning fast.  Promised over and over my bill would be one thing, it's been 5 months and have never seen that amt.  Now they tell me it's settled and I will be paying $25/month more than promised.   I've filled an elder abuse claim with the state attorneys office here in Florida.   Stay clear of these people.  Called the kid who sold me this and he no longer works for AT&T.  Imagine that!  It's all a scam and by the time you get the real amount it's way past the time to cancel.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

He never worked for AT&T. Those people are third party sales through smart circle not AT&T employees. Your claim of elder abuse is just silly they do it to people regardless of age but please come back and let us know how that claim works out. 🤦‍♂️

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

I'm old and partially blind.  During the time there they were only approaching elderly people.  It's a long shot, but this crap cannot keep happening. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

1 year ago

A.  The kid did not work for AT&T.  They work for a third party contractor.  Posters have repeatedly reported that they will promise you the moon to get a sale.

B.  Your situation does not represent elder abuse because these contractors prey on EVERYONE regardless of age.

3.  Please file a complaint with the BBB and/or the FCC.  Those are handled by the OOP and someone should contact you.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

@skeeterintexas  They need to file a complaint with sams and smart circle. AT&T has no pull as to how they do business as they sign a 20 year contract to sell At&t goods and services 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

1 year ago

On more than one occasion, if "BBB" or "FCC" is mentioned @ATTHelp will offer a DM or the poster will followup stating that they were contacted by someone from AT&T and this is regardless of the circumstances of the complaint.

Hope springs eternal.

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

In my complaint with the state I included Sam's club.  They are just as responsible for allowing this to happen in their stores.  The BBB is a great idea.  Thanks

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

1 year ago

@Boomerismy1 

Did you do your part? 

You had to trade in old phones to get credits on new ones, which take 3 months.  Auto pay and paperless billing is required for $10 per line discount.  These would have been in your quote

Sam's can't offer you anything that's not also published on at&t website

(edited)

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

Yes I did everything.  They received phones and auto pay.  It was an "exclusive" deal for Sam's club members 😒  if I see them in there again I will park my (Edited per community guidelines) there and warn people as they walk by.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

1 year ago

Look at att.com.  

AT&T publishes everything, and those are the only valid prices.  Use the estimator tool.  How does your bill look in comparison? 

Has it been 90 days since you sent in old phones?  Are you getting credits for trade-ins yet? 

What else is on the bill?  Did Sam's add insurance and Next up?  They usually do, but they can be removed. 

Just saying the bill isn't what expected isn't enough.  Read every line, bills are very detailed.  Exactly what doesn't match? 

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

I have done all that, I was quoted one price and am being charged $25/month more and $20 more than I was paying with my previous carrier.  That's why I kept asking about the price, no way would I signed up for something more than I was paying.  This type of deceit needs to be looked into by the state no matter if I'm elder or not.  And the fact that Sam's club is allowing it is an ultimate insult.  I hold them more at fault, this was supposed to be a deal for members and has turned out to be a nightmare.  I have spent countless hours in the phone with AT&T and just get more and more frustrated.   It's unbelievable that two major companies are run like this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.