#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!
Mission control approves!

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Tue, Jan 13, 2015 12:41 AM

att 3g network

I know we pay for 4g network but what happen to the 3g network. I mean seriously if we go over the 4 or what ever gb of data we get charged for it why can't they just slow are speed to 3g speed until are next billing cycle. At&t need better pricing for there network almost 100 dollars for 2 gb of data. Get it together at&t or I'm ditchin you soon. I know I don't come close to the 2gb of usage but the price to have a smart phone from you is ridiculous.

Responses

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.7K Messages

6 y ago

Hello @firesilverblade 

When talking about wireless networks, 4G and 3G means a 4th or 3rd generation of network technology, speed and capacity. 4G and 3G generations coexist, and any 4G phone is also working on 3G network when either 4G is unavailable or 3G signal is stronger. So simply put your 4G device uses both generations simultaneously.

What kind of plan do you have right now? And is it under a 2 year contract or Next plan? There might be a better plan for your needs and we'll be happy to help you with that.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Or if you want one of our managers to review your account and recommend the best plan for you, please send us a private message by clicking here.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question