Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Dubbleroti's profile

1 Message

Wednesday, May 15th, 2024 12:58 AM

ATNT fraud

I was employed as freelance and paid in cash by an authorized retail ATNT store- the store owner was committing fraud and violating a number of store regulations. I was asked to leave and never paid for 3 weeks of work. I have reported this to the hotline ATNT has but that is a third party contractor that has no authority over resolving this issue. I am without pay and in a desperate position. The manager refused to give me any contact information on corporate area sales manger’s or district managers so I dont know who to contact or how to reach the right people at corporate. This manager owns three franchises and is regularly committing fraud in these locations. Please help 

Accepted Solution

Former Employee

• 

22.5K Messages

1 month ago

What to do if your last job doesn't pay you?
If the regular payday for the last pay period an employee worked has passed and the employee has not been paid, contact the Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division or the state labor department. The Department also has mechanisms in place for the recovery of back wages.

Last Paycheck - U.S. Department of Labor

U.S. Department of Labor (.gov)
https://www.dol.gov › Wages
You might also check into local laws of your state, county or city government… for my state of Wisconsin…
If wages are owed and the employer refuses to pay, the claim may be forwarded to the local district attorney to request collection. A court may assess increased wages of up to 100% of the wages due per Section 109.11, Stats.

Wage Payment and Collection Law

Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (.gov)
https://dwd.wisconsin.gov › laborstandards › wages
E D I T…
You state freelance, thus not an employee but a contractor who has not been paid….
If you have a freelance client who hasn't paid, start by reminding them of their unpaid invoice. If they still don't pay, you can move on to more serious steps, such as sending out a letter of demand, going to small claims court, or hiring a lawyer.
(you do have a signed and dated contract outlining the work to be performed and payment to be received?)

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

1 month ago

@Dubbleroti  An Authorized Retail Store is not owned or operated by AT&T nor does it have AT&T employees. Unfortunately your issue will be between them and you, not AT&T. Follow the advice given by @my thoughts .

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.