Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
webdox's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 1:18 AM

Another Credit Check Required If Already ATT Internet and DirecTV Customer?

Hi,

Pretty straight forward question.  Passed credit check last year in October to get ATT Internet and DirecTV in the house.  Have paid for 12 months now no issues.  Have satisfied a 2 year with T-Mobile and would like jump ship and save some money by bundling all 3 by adding Cell Phones to our existing Internet and Satellite bundle.  We are getting ready to qualify for a house and have been told no credit pulls of any kind right now.  Will a credit check be needed for existing customer to upgrade like this?  Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, adding new wireless service to your already existing internet and directv would require a credit check.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

That's a shame.  Thank you for the reply.

Guru

• 

382 Messages

7 years ago

A hard pull of your credit report could lower your score by 5 points or so.  It's not much, but too much to risk if you're looking at a long term mortgage.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you very much for the replies.  Yes.  My median is exactly 680 right now so I cannot afford for it to go down 1 point.  Ugh.  How frustrating.  Not that I am 100% shocked by this practice but it does seem unnecessarily redundant to continue to pull credit checks every time I decide to add a new service with the same company I have already established a perfect record with.  I'll just stay with T-Mobile for now then.  Again... thanks.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

internet should be 30.00

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

ok

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

Notice how concerned everyone was for your cause at ATT?  It’s just a shame and it’s absolutely ridiculously stupid is what it is!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.