Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
akruspe's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Aug 25, 2015 3:50 PM

After 10 years att cell is too expensive

Why is it that att has such an expensive cell phone network that is starting to fall behind on coverage but still manages to charge super premium rates for what feels like shrinking service area. I used to be the person who when all of thier friends said they had no service i could be the one to go i still have service and then the conversation of who is your carrier would ensue. I would always say att and they would always go but they are so expensive. Now it is reverse rolls. Except att is still the most expensive.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

82.2K Messages

6 years ago

If you are looking at the adds, they are for service, and don't include phones.  Go to Verizon, Sprint or T-Mobile and price out your current plan with phones.

Then factor in coverage.  If you live in an area with poor ATT coverage, Verizon may be your only other option.  If you like the plan with phones and it's cheaper, then move while they still have an offer.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

What kind of response was that?  We all know that ATT&T adds are only for service. The writers point is now they have terrible service and expensive plans.  Writing that the truth is hard to hear is like writing, you can't end world hunger.  It has nothing to do with her post.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

82.2K Messages

5 years ago

The OP's opinion is not fact.  

There are few places in the US where ATT service is poor.  The only other option in those areas is Verizon.  

Price wise, Verizon and ATT are about the same, depending on the plan configuration and data package.

Based on my current plan, with $15 line fees on all my phones, Verizon would not be cheaper for me and I would get less data on a plan with the same cost.  I pay $4.33 per GB for data, (30 GBs for $130) or an average of $33.50 total for each of my 8 lines.

T-mobile and Sprint are cheaper, but if ATT doesn't cover the area, it is extremely unlikely either of these cheaper networks do.

The OP is always free to change carriers.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question