Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
R

• 

10 Messages

Sun, Aug 2, 2020 5:43 PM

Add existing att prepaid number to existing att postpaid account

If I have an att prepaid account, can the number be added/ported to an existing att postpaid family plan account? (Of course the prepaid account would be deactivated, but that's ok. Just trying to figure out how to consolidate our blended family's phone service.) Thanks in advance.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77.9K Messages

2 months ago

Migrating between pre and post paid must be done in an AT&T store

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

10 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for the feedback. I figured it would take a trip to the att store; that’s no problem. So are you saying that what I actually asked about CAN, in fact, be done?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

42K Messages

2 months ago

Yes, it can be done but make sure you go to a corporate owned store, not an authorized retail store.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

10 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks so much! :-) Take care, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Get started...

Ask a new question