For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
okeewap's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 4:01 PM

Add a line to get a discounted iphone

My daughter has an iphone and as of yesterday her husband has a broken iphone.  They have two lines on their friends and family.  My husband and I have old (sim card) phones.  We also have two lines on our friends and family.  We want to cancel our friends and family and both get added onto to my daughter's.  This would add two lines to theirs.  Do they qualify for a discounted i phone?  And can the broken iphone number get transferred to the new iphone?   Since they are adding two lines, would they qualify for two iphone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

12 years ago

They would only qualify for new phones if your lines are currently upgrade eligible. And if your phones are upgrade eligible, you can use your upgrade to get a new phone and give the phone to him.
You cannot cancel lines on one account and add to another account just to upgrade phones.
If you would cancel your account and it is still under contract, you would have to pay a termination fee for canceling your account, and then you would lose your phone number.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

12 years ago

Here are a few links that may help answer your questions. 

My phone number is not eligible for an upgrade, but another line on my account is. Can I use it to upgrade my phone to iPhone 4S?

Transfer your wireless phone number

Upgrade my wireless phone

If you're transferring your lines to your daughter's account, the current eligibility status will follow them. If you're cancelling your lines and adding new lines/new service to her account, then those new lines would be eligible for discounted equipment. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.