Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
DachsieDad's profile

1 Message

Tuesday, April 9th, 2024 5:55 AM

Active Armour found my email address on dark web because of an AT&T Data Breach

It coincides with a 4 digit text message Number supposedly from AT&T That Stated I was no longer able to receive my  Auto pay and Paperless discounts do to recent changes to my account it included a link to resign up for those discounts. I immediately deleted the text. because I know AT&T uses more than 4 numbers when it sends me a text.. I also would like to know if AT&T is going to send out a form for free Identity theft protection service because my email address and other information was gained by the breach

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

1 month ago

Did you make any recent changes to autopay and paperless billing?

The data breach happened some time ago, it's quite a coincidence that Active Armor found your number on the dark web just after AT&T announced the breach. Almost as if Active Armor was capitalizing on the breach to make it's service look useful.

AT&T began notifying affected customers yesterday, though a relatively small amount of current customers was affected. The letter they are sending is linked to this disclosure: Office of the Maine AG: Consumer Protection: Privacy, Identity Theft and Data Security Breaches

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.