Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Jan 18, 2020 5:14 AM

Activating new phone with ATT

I’m taking part in the new ATT deal for customers switching carriers. I have T-Mobile and just received the IPhone 11 that came with the deal. Because I am still with T-Mobile and had never been with ATT, i have to register for an account which required me to contact customer service for them to do it and port my number over from T-Mobile. But while doing it, I reached a point where I had to answer questions for a verification; I think it is a credit verification. I knew the first two but then the last one dealt with something about my student loans and I think I got that wrong because I was then told that I failed verification, my account is locked and have to wait for 10 days. Is this suppose to happen? I didn’t think switching carriers should be this complicated at least since I can’t register for it on my own. I thought it would be a smooth transition, is there a way to resolve this? Because I can’t wait 10 days. I just need my device activated.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.4K Messages

3 months ago

This is a customer populated Community forum, not AT&T.

When switching carriers, the credit information is all through your social security number and identification. I have never been asked for anything more.

Failed verification sounds like you gave wrong SSN or wrong ID.

I suggest you take everything to a company store. If it fails, then you go back to/or stay with T-Mobile.

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

thank you

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

3 months ago

Hello,

If you visit your nearest corporate AT&T store, they’ll be able to finish up your switch with a lot less hassle, as they help you out face to face with a government issue I.D. And therefore skip a lot of the steps your outlining. There’s a large amount of over the phone and over the internet fraud, so this is an extra verification process that’s used with all non-face to face new service.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…