Activate your new phone – Steps from AT&T
If your device was shipped to you, you may need to activate your phone and the SIM card. This is a must especially if you are a new customer! This is a must especially if you are a new customer! Once you are done activating your device, you can log in to your myAT&t account where you can check information like billing, features, upgrade options, and much more!
Activating your device
- Insert the SIM card – find instructions for your device via our support tool.
- Go to com/activations.
- Select Activate your device for AT&T wireless device.
- Enter the required information.
- Select Continue.
- Follow the prompts to complete your activation.
Heads Up: If you are trading in your device, you can normally move your SIM to your new device. I have personally done it and it is painless. (the SIMs must be the same size)
New to AT&T? Make sure to sign into your account
- Go to the Create a User ID site
- Follow the prompts
Once you create a User ID, don’t forget to sign up for autopay.
- Transfer your information from your old device to your new one
- Learn how to use your device and features
- Protect your device from drops and scratches
- Protect your investment with AT&T Device Protection
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.