Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
tpickett90's profile

• 

2 Messages

Monday, February 28th, 2022 10:59 AM

Account holders rights to access all phones on his /her account

I am the account holder. I have 3 lines on my ATT wireless account. There are no authorized people on my account. The main cell phone which is mine, is being blocked by another individual whom is not an approved acct user. This is my account. I pay the bill,but one of my lines has me blocked  How is tht ok or is tht against the rules. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

32.4K Messages

2 years ago

The user of the phone can block anyone they choose. Phones are built with a call block list. So they don't have to accept your calls if they don't want to. If that is an issue for you, have a discussion with the user. If bad enough, as the account owner you can suspend their line.

So blocking contact from you is done at the device, not the account.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

2 years ago

That doesn't mean you are without some rights as the account owner. If this third-party is not paying their portion of the bill, you do have the right to suspend and Blacklist the device until they do. You do have 100% financial responsibility, so they may choose to return the device to you in pieces just out of spite.  You will still be responsible for paying off any phone purchased on your account and related service. 

Just a gut impression...will not end well if this is how its going. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.