Need help understanding your bill?
M

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, January 16th, 2021 6:42 PM

Account "glitch" preventing upgrade

I have multiple lines on my account and one of those lines, iPhone 7 purchased in 2017 on installment plan, is unable to be upgraded due to phantom balance showed. The installment plan was paid off in 2019, AT&T has confirmed that the phone itself has been paid off. However, when attempting to upgrade the phone via online/support, a balance is shown that prevents the upgrade from taking place. AT&T has confirmed multiple times that the "glitch" that shows the balance on the phone is on their side and must be fixed. For the last month, starting early December 2020, my wife has contact AT&T support several times to assist and apparently multiple tickets have been created to fix this "glitch", yet literally every time we call back, no ticket can be found and the representative gives the same speech about creating a ticket and escalating to enhanced support/intensive care team/etc. Today was the 5th time contacting AT&T support and asking to speak to someone who can make decisions, in an attempt to get this escalated. A manager, Donald, advised he sees no ticket created, does see notes about the issue on my account, there is nothing we can do except wait for AT&T to fix this, and there is no one I can escalate this too. In other words, it is what it is sir, take it or leave it.

My wife's phone, the iPhone 7, is performing rather poorly lately with the battery not staying charged long. So this has now become a priority. Also, I don't have any problems with AT&T and for the last 12 years, don't have much to (Edited per community guidelines) about regarding any of the products we receive from them. But this problem lasting over a month for such a minor thing seems as if they are attempting to take advantage of the situation and rip us off by saying either pay the $300 it says you owe that we know you don't owe in order to upgrade your phone OR deal with the old phone and nothing we can do about it.

Any reps/pros have advice or experience with this type of situation and how to get a resolution? Seems the only way to get things done now days is via some social media platform/frontier justice. Thanks.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

3 years ago

File a BBB complaint online.  The complaint will be forwarded to AT&T upper management who will contact you directly. 

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Will do! Thanks for the reply.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Not sure that should be marked as the accepted solution though. Seems that is a good and viable option but thinking how vast this community is, there has to be a bit more than just a BBB complaint, right?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

3 years ago

You don’t have to Mark as resolved until it is.  Please do follow up and let us know how it goes.  
a BBB complaint is just a way to bypass regular CS, and get to the top.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Updated as resolved. Thanks @lizdance40 for the suggestion. It did work. The office of the president contacted me, took them a week to resolve, but did in fact resolve it. Stated "in my 16 years doing this, I've never seen this type of issue...".  Thanks again!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

3 years ago

Awesome! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.