Need help understanding your bill?
EllisDesignCo's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 14th, 2019 5:52 PM

$600 owed to ATT on a $90 broken returned phone?

My S7 Edge broke and I received a shipping box with a pre-made label from ATT. I packaged and sent the box out, I lost the shipping label. 3 months went by and no word from ATT. ATT randomly sent us a bill for $600. They said they wouldn't charge it if we supplied the shipping label. Again, this is a pre-made label directly from ATT, how does ATT not have a record of this pre-made label? Bad business practice. They shut our phones off and demanded the money. I went to a store to wait 2 hours and he said he couldn't do anything about it, paid the $600 at the store, phones turned on instantly. A few more months go by, we receive a text message saying the phone has been received. Oh boy, time to call and get my money back! Nope. "Sorry sir, 90 days have passed and we can't refund you."   So, you billed me $600 on a broken phone that had $90 left on it but also only retails for $90 used now days? How does that even add up, where do you get your math and those numbers? It makes absolutely no sense that I am paying $600 towards a phone I practically OWNED that "supposedly" got lost in the mail. I am reporting ATT to the BetterBusinessBureau and may even take legal actions. This is completely uncalled for and irresponsible for a business. I am a business owner as is my girlfriend and we had no choice but to dish out the cash to get our phones on in order to retrieve lost customers due to ATT's negligence. Unacceptable to treat 8+ year veteran customers in this manner.

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.