Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
Golferid's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Aug 25, 2015 12:48 AM

*3282#

Very unhappy with AT&T. My son & I checked the above every other day. I was accuring "data," he was listed as "0." Then we received a huge overage charge on his #. Customer Service has not been able to tell me why his data was zero when we checked. Went to our local AT&T store, spoke to a manager who spoke to AT&T. I was assured a supervisor would call back in 24 hrs. Here it is 3 weeks later. No call, no explanation

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

82.2K Messages

6 years ago

It is not possible for a smartphone to use ZERO data.   That should have been the first clue to look at the My ATT app, or look online.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Golferid wrote:
Very unhappy with AT&T. My son & I checked the above every other day. I was accuring "data," he was listed as "0." Then we received a huge overage charge on his #. Customer Service has not been able to tell me why his data was zero when we checked. Went to our local AT&T store, spoke to a manager who spoke to AT&T. I was assured a supervisor would call back in 24 hrs. Here it is 3 weeks later. No call, no explanation

Take a look at your detailed usage section of your bill.  There is a special note there that talks about this.  Data usage reported my the myATT app, the *DATA# or even the AT&T Web site is not in real time.  Usage happens and there is some accumulation at the towers, then that data gets transmitted back to the main systems where it eventually makes it into the billing system, which is what you see through any of the above mentioned methods.  It is possible that a tower (near his school?) had an issue and didn't report his cellular usage back to the home office for several days.  During that time, he could have used quite a bit of data, and then it all showed up at one time.  Aonther possibility is that he was roaming (especially if you took one last vacation before school starts back) and the other carrier took extra time to get the usage details back to AT&T.  I had to travel to Canada some years ago and Rogers took close to 3 weeks to get all of my roaming data back to AT&T when I got home.  In my case, some of the data appeared on the same billing cycle, and the rest appeared on the following one.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Get started...

Ask a new question