Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
K

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Mar 28, 2021 2:40 PM

3 times customer service has promised I would get my credit LIARS LIARS LIARS

Been with AT&T for 9 years, never paid my bill late, upgraded my phone twice, but this last one, in November 2020 has been a nightmare.  Wait 3 billing periods is where they screw you. Buy the time you realize something is wrong its almost two late.  Twice I contacted customer service via chat, I have copies of them “giving me their word” I would get my $700 credit (in 2 or 3 more billing periods), when that didn’t happen I called and was (Edited per community guidelines) and I hope it was recorded for quality purposes because that employee lied me too.  They found my phone at a wrong warehouse, was told I would see a $93 credit on my account within 24-48 hours and my new phone payments would be reduced to @$23, just another lie.  I am totally shocked to see how many people this is happening to.  Bate and Switch, or just plain out theft.  Signed up for extra stuff, gave them my perfectly good IPhone 8 that owned and they stole from me.  So thinking it might be time to go to the FCC, BBB, Attorney General, who else should I contact.  I believe that I and so many other have given AT&T ample time to stick it to us, enough is enough.  Anyone have any other ideas?  

ACE - Expert

• 

20.6K Messages

7 m ago

As a general rule, customers are advised to file a complaint with the BBB and/or the FCC.  It looks like you are prepared to do so.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.1K Messages

7 m ago

It looks like you mailed your trade-in phone back to AT&T in the box and with the label that came with your new phone, which is why you were told it was at the wrong Warehouse.

You were not supposed to use the box and the label that came with your new phone. That label was for sending your new phone back in case you did not want it.  

Your trade-in phone is supposed to either be turned in at an AT&T corporate store as a part of the trade-in/ upgrade process or mailed with packaging and label that is sent 2 weeks after your purchase to HYLA, a third-party recycler who processes the trade-in phones for monthly credits on your account. 

Since you sent your phone to the wrong business and the wrong address your phone had to be located, and then sent to the correct place.  I'm sure there's only a few thousand boxes that come in that are exactly the same, so that should be easy right? (um, more like confusing)

Trade-ins done at Christmas, which is end of December would just be getting the credits at the end of March (now). Since your phone was shipped back in November to the wrong place it does not seem unreasonable it might take an extra month for your phone to be found, and credits to start.   

I am not saying you should not file a Better Business Bureau complaints, AT&T frequently needs a little fire lit under their butt to get them moving. I am saying that the original mistake may have started with you not getting proper information and then you mailing your phone went to the wrong place with the wrong label. So we'll give you 50% of the mess up, and asking you to wait another month for credit is not unreasonable

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

7 m ago

Oh I know it is now.  That was the only label provided to me and was not specific to what phone, the only label I was given.  I still the shipping paper it was attached to.  My grip is that I was blatantly lied to by 3 AT&T employees. They located my phone, but they also promised me that I would have my credit. I think AT&T needs to take responsibility for me doing what they told me with the what they gave me, no other instructions or clarification. I was only given the option of mailing my phone back. If I could’ve went to a corporate store I would’ve, COVID no one was allowing in person anything. I’ve got 4 people now that now exactly what happened to my phone, located it and routed to its destination and promised this should’ve already been resolved. So please kick some more dirt in my face. The only reason I upgraded was because of the credit I was offered.  I work hard for my money and I don’t care for anyone lying to me in any area of my life. I returned my phone in good faith with the box and “only” label provided me, so I help up my end of the bargain.  I guess this is what happens when you do business with a corporation that is so big, they basically have a license to steal. When every employee I talk to says I’m getting my credit and then I don’t get it, ya that’s stealing.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.1K Messages

7 m ago

No one is kicking dirt in your face. 🤦🏼‍♀️

How long did it take them to find your phone? A week, a month, two months, or did it take a full three months before you even realize there was a problem and your phone was lost?   

It goes to HYLA, Then it's suppose to be checked and 90 days later credits start.

Unless you immediately realized your mistake, and got AT&T to reroute the phone right after you mailed it to the wrong place, I don't think an extra month is unreasonable. 

• 

5 Messages

7 m ago

I am in the same predicament.   Considering filing a complaint on BBB.

• 

3 Messages

6 m ago

Extra month, and let me clarify again this was not MY mistake.  This was the only label AT&T sent nowhere on the label did it say it was for the return of my new phone and on top of that I have been in contact with a lot of people without even trying that are in the exact same boat.  I originally tracked my phone which showed that it was delivered to AT&T’s agent and then I waited the 90 days and called.  There representative I talked to located my phone, promised I would receive my credit, I contacted the second agent, they also found my phone and promised I would get my credit, I contacted 3rd agent and again was even given and amount and promise I would receive my credit 24 0 48 hours, but yet I set with nothing.  Right now I just want my old phone back, since AT&T reneged on the deal, I adhered to the terms, but low and behold they don’t have to.  In one day, I had three people mention to me at my place of work, that they were in the middle of the exact same issue with AT&T.  I have no doubt that there are thousands more.  They give us the wrong label, they get our old phone and still charge us the full price for the new phone, ya what a way to make money.  I have already found one company that would just love my business so much that they will pay off my hone, too bad AT&T has no loyalty to their customers. Nine years, 2 upgrades and never paid my bill date ever, hope they enjoy that $1200 for my phone, cause they won’t be getting another 9 years out of me and their are a lot of people out here that are going to do the same thing.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

53.2K Messages

6 m ago

To be clear, ATT didn’t send you the wrong label, you used the wrong label. There is a difference. The label that comes with the new phone is for returning the new phone, not for the return. I have no doubt that wasn’t made clear since so many people did the same thing but they didn’t send you the wrong label. Obviously you haven’t followed the advice in the first response you got on this thread and file an FCC or BBB complaint. Had you done that, your issue would likely be resolved by now. It’s still not to late.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.