Need help understanding your bill?
lori11343's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 11th, 2014 9:14 PM

22+ yr customer

I never post to boards but I feel compelled to share this.  I have a been customer since the old old bag phones were there. The company has been bought and changed ownership a few times since then.

I decide to get a smartphone.. so I shop around - call AT&T- etc. I find a great deal so I call to cancel. I am too old to play games with companies about threats to cancel for a better etc. But anyway they throw me over to retention ( i guess) The person I spoke to was super nice.and I cannot say enough about her how great she was but her hands were tied, So she wants to know why .. yack yack. I would not tell about the other company because why should that mean anything, she starts telling me about what AT&T can do for me yack yack...

I just listened and said.. so that is your best deal for a 22+ customer who went through tons of issues through the transitions over the years.. I mean nightmares.I was just too busy wiith my job to bother switching carriers. I wonder if these companies  get complacent with customers who has been around for years and think they will never leave.

Honestly.. I do not know what I was expecting but I thought this company would have much more loyality to thier customers.    Not for nothing but anyone out there who thinks all carriers are the same.. think again.   , AT&T did not even come close to matching it, they may have been the first years ago but in todays world with ecomony, first is not always the best The best I could get was $60.00 off the phone I wanted and activiation fee waived.  That less than filling my gas tank,

Shame on AT&T.  Just food for thought to anyone who in my position,.,.

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

I share your pain, but now I understand why I had such a bad experience, if they treat you like that after 22 years of being tgheir customer I should expect nothing, i have only been with them for about 5 years... may be I switch rather than go for 20 years! Thanks for sharing your experience! In this economy, it is clear the only thing they want is your money!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@lori11343 wrote:

I never post to boards but I feel compelled to share this.  I have a been customer since the old old bag phones were there. The company has been bought and changed ownership a few times since then.

I decide to get a smartphone.. so I shop around - call AT&T- etc. I find a great deal so I call to cancel. I am too old to play games with companies about threats to cancel for a better etc. But anyway they throw me over to retention ( i guess) The person I spoke to was super nice.and I cannot say enough about her how great she was but her hands were tied, So she wants to know why .. yack yack. I would not tell about the other company because why should that mean anything, she starts telling me about what AT&T can do for me yack yack...

I just listened and said.. so that is your best deal for a 22+ customer who went through tons of issues through the transitions over the years.. I mean nightmares.I was just too busy wiith my job to bother switching carriers. I wonder if these companies  get complacent with customers who has been around for years and think they will never leave.

Honestly.. I do not know what I was expecting but I thought this company would have much more loyality to thier customers.    Not for nothing but anyone out there who thinks all carriers are the same.. think again.   , AT&T did not even come close to matching it, they may have been the first years ago but in todays world with ecomony, first is not always the best The best I could get was $60.00 off the phone I wanted and activiation fee waived.  That less than filling my gas tank,

Shame on AT&T.  Just food for thought to anyone who in my position,.,.

Different companies have different plans that fit different customer's needs differently. 

Price is only one considersation when looking at cell phone service. Coverage is defintely more important, to me at least. Just food for thought.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.